"Mendoza - A City of Trees" Top 5 Page for this destination Mendoza by Bwana_Brown

Mendoza Travel Guide: 402 reviews and 1,020 photos

My wife and I decided that we should spend our 30th wedding anniversary at the world famous Iguazu Falls, on the border between Argentina and Brazil. We thought this would be a unique place to celebrate the occassion because we had been married in Zambia and had spent our honeymoon at Victoria Falls on the Zambesi River, in southern Africa and almost directly across the Atlantic Ocean from Iguazu! However, having come this far, we could not miss out on a chance to also see up-close what the Andes Mountains looked like! After doing a bit of research, we found out that Mendoza is about the closest city to Buenos Aires that is located in the foothills of the mountains. It also has a very pleasant climate and is in the main wine-growing area of Argentina. That clinched it, and I made all the arrangements for our trip so we would have 3 nights in Buenos Aires, 4 nights at Iguazu Falls, 4 nights in Mendoza and a final night in Buenos Aires before we made the long flight home again.

We were not disapponted with Mendoza. In fact, the four days we spent here were the highlight of our entire trip! Mendoza is the capital of it's namesake Province, and has a population of about 1.4 million - although the city did not seem that crowded to me. It is one of the most beautiful cities in Argentina, with it's heavily treed streets and numerous Plazas where people can congregate to enjoy the outdoor atmosphere of the city. As with everywhere else we visited, the people were very friendly and the exchange rate on the Argentinian peso made this a 'tourist heaven'. Our trip coincided with the peak of summer south of the equator, so we were blessed with sunny skies and warm temperatures for our entire stay.

The following Tips will give you some idea of what we did in our all too brief time in this great city. I recommend Mendoza if you ever have the opportunity to visit!!

• Pros:Beautiful Trees & Plazas, Friendly People
  • Cons:Can get too hot in Summer
  • In a nutshell:A wonderful city, don't miss it!
  • Last visit to Mendoza: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated May 14, 2005

• Mar 25, 2011 at 12:15 AM

a shame i missed mendoza, but oh well,. probably next time!!! nice work glenn, enjoyed it.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2010 at 12:46 PM

The tour up to the Andes sounds great, especially the Inca Bridge and hot springs spa - I would enjoy that too. You were unlucky with the luggage but compared with me it wasn't that bad. I got mine only the third day after both of my flights to Bogotá :(

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Another great page Glenn.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Great page, I hope to visit Mendoza sometime soon. Greetings from South Africa.

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2008 at 3:39 AM

Believe it or not I missed the big San Martin park and I stayed 5 days in Mendoza! :)

• 1courage's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2007 at 12:22 PM

Another fantastic place! The argentinians live in touch with nature! So much green in the cities. That`s what I like! I had heard about mendoza, but didn`t know how it looked like. Thanks for the presentation!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2007 at 5:32 AM

Very inspiring page on Mendoza. It looks like a place that I would enjoy visiting. Another of your great pages of tips and photos.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2006 at 12:19 AM

What a lovely town Mendoza sounds to be with all the tree lined streets and parks! Interesting tour at the winery!

• EmilianoCV's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 8:16 AM

Very nice Mendoza page. I am happy you liked my place...

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2005 at 9:52 AM

Must try some of that Malbec when we hit Mendoza next year -good tips here -thanks -leyle

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Mendoza

Have you been to Mendoza?

Latest Activity in Mendoza