"Mendoza - A City of Trees" Top 5 Page for this destination Mendoza by Bwana_Brown
Mendoza Travel Guide: 403 reviews and 1,024 photos
My wife and I decided that we should spend our 30th wedding anniversary at the world famous Iguazu Falls, on the border between Argentina and Brazil. We thought this would be a unique place to celebrate the occassion because we had been married in Zambia and had spent our honeymoon at Victoria Falls on the Zambesi River, in southern Africa and almost directly across the Atlantic Ocean from Iguazu! However, having come this far, we could not miss out on a chance to also see up-close what the Andes Mountains looked like! After doing a bit of research, we found out that Mendoza is about the closest city to Buenos Aires that is located in the foothills of the mountains. It also has a very pleasant climate and is in the main wine-growing area of Argentina. That clinched it, and I made all the arrangements for our trip so we would have 3 nights in Buenos Aires, 4 nights at Iguazu Falls, 4 nights in Mendoza and a final night in Buenos Aires before we made the long flight home again.
We were not disapponted with Mendoza. In fact, the four days we spent here were the highlight of our entire trip! Mendoza is the capital of it's namesake Province, and has a population of about 1.4 million - although the city did not seem that crowded to me. It is one of the most beautiful cities in Argentina, with it's heavily treed streets and numerous Plazas where people can congregate to enjoy the outdoor atmosphere of the city. As with everywhere else we visited, the people were very friendly and the exchange rate on the Argentinian peso made this a 'tourist heaven'. Our trip coincided with the peak of summer south of the equator, so we were blessed with sunny skies and warm temperatures for our entire stay.
The following Tips will give you some idea of what we did in our all too brief time in this great city. I recommend Mendoza if you ever have the opportunity to visit!!
- Pros:Beautiful Trees & Plazas, Friendly People
- Cons:Can get too hot in Summer
- In a nutshell:A wonderful city, don't miss it!
Of all the Plazas in Mendoza, Independencia is where most of the action takes place. This large square plaza is the... more travel advice
Our favourite of the smaller Plazas was Espana, with it's richly decorated tile works. These ceramic tiles reminded us... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Mendoza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mendoza - county of good wine and sun :-)"
- "Land of Sun, good wine and more"
- "Mendoza - A City of Trees"
- "Lovely Mendoza days"
- "An oasis in the middle of the desert"
- "5 lovely days!"
- "Montañas, vino y rosas (Mountains, wine & roses)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mendoza
- Hotels in Mendoza
- Transportation in Mendoza
- Nightlife in Mendoza
- Restaurants in Mendoza
- Shopping in Mendoza
- Warnings and Dangers in Mendoza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mendoza
- 30 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (155)
Have you been to Mendoza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mendoza
Photos in MendozaSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos