"Puerto Iguazu - Very Nice!" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Iguazú by Bwana_Brown
Puerto Iguazú Travel Guide: 192 reviews and 554 photos
After finishing our first three days in Argentina with the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires, we were ready to head off on Stage 2 of our two-week adventure in this great country. If you have come all the way from Canada to visit Argentina, it is difficult not to throw the world famous Iguazu Falls into the mix! So, we were off to the far northeast of the country, to the small town of Puerto Iguazu where Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina all come together on the map.
After a very pleasant pre-booked flight on Aerolineas Argentinas, we were there in no time at all (compared to a bus trip!). Our experiences while in Puerto Iguazu far exceeded my expectations. This small town of 30,000 people, located in the rain forest area of Argentina, has a lot to offer a visiting tourist.
In addition to touring both the Argentine and Brazil sides of Iguazu Falls, we also toured the world's largest power plant at the nearby Itaipu Dam. On top of these natural and man-made wonders, the town itself was very enjoyable, with it's very friendly people and beautiful location where the Iguazu and Parana Rivers meet. Combine this with very pleasant tree-lined streets, excellent restaurants and first-class accommodations at the Hotel Esturion, we could not have asked for a better spot to spend our 30th wedding anniversary!
- Pros:Beautiful Setting, Major Attractions Very Close
- Cons:Lot's of Tourists at the Attractions
- In a nutshell:A Wonderful Place with a Small Town Atmosphere
The Esturion Hotel is located in quite a nice spot. Far enough out of town that it was very quiet, yet close enough that... more travel advice
We were very happy with all of the taxis that we used, both in Buenos Aires and our one time while in Puerto Iguazu. The... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Puerto Iguazú Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Iguazu - Very Nice!"
- "Puerto Iguazu, Argentina"
- "the gate to poetry!"
- "The Falls From the Argentina Prospective"
- "Puerto Iguazu... the door to the paradise!"
- "Small Town by the Big Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Iguazú
- Hotels in Puerto Iguazú
- Transportation in Puerto Iguazú
- Nightlife in Puerto Iguazú
- Restaurants in Puerto Iguazú
- Shopping in Puerto Iguazú
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Iguazú
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Iguazú
- 21 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (155)
Have you been to Puerto Iguazú?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Iguazú
Photos in Puerto IguazúSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos