"Puerto Iguazu - Very Nice!" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Iguazú by Bwana_Brown

Puerto Iguazú Travel Guide: 213 reviews and 602 photos

After finishing our first three days in Argentina with the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires, we were ready to head off on Stage 2 of our two-week adventure in this great country. If you have come all the way from Canada to visit Argentina, it is difficult not to throw the world famous Iguazu Falls into the mix! So, we were off to the far northeast of the country, to the small town of Puerto Iguazu where Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina all come together on the map.

After a very pleasant pre-booked flight on Aerolineas Argentinas, we were there in no time at all (compared to a bus trip!). Our experiences while in Puerto Iguazu far exceeded my expectations. This small town of 30,000 people, located in the rain forest area of Argentina, has a lot to offer a visiting tourist.

In addition to touring both the Argentine and Brazil sides of Iguazu Falls, we also toured the world's largest power plant at the nearby Itaipu Dam. On top of these natural and man-made wonders, the town itself was very enjoyable, with it's very friendly people and beautiful location where the Iguazu and Parana Rivers meet. Combine this with very pleasant tree-lined streets, excellent restaurants and first-class accommodations at the Hotel Esturion, we could not have asked for a better spot to spend our 30th wedding anniversary!

• Pros:Beautiful Setting, Major Attractions Very Close
  • Cons:Lot's of Tourists at the Attractions
  • In a nutshell:A Wonderful Place with a Small Town Atmosphere
  • Last visit to Puerto Iguazú: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 11, 2005

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Having visited Victoria Falls, I'd love to compare it with Iguazu. But I'm afraid it'll have to wait a bit so for the time being I can just enjoy the virtual trips to this destination.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I love reading your pages .I am so looking forward to our trip. We didn't arrange a tour but maybe when we get there we will.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Glenn, fantastic compact page about Puerto Iguazu and the famous Iguazu Falls. I didn't know about the World's Largest Power Station being in this region.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2008 at 7:59 AM

Making a second visit to your page for a refresher on the falls. This seems to be a do not miss kind of place.

• Dec 5, 2007 at 10:52 AM

you didn't say the name of the hotel in your tip

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2007 at 12:15 PM

The falls look awesome I can just about imagine the crashing waters Thanks I enjoyed the virtual tour

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 3:58 PM

This looks a great Wedding Anniversary trip, Glenn. Those falls are really impressive, as is the power station. Must have been a nasty bug to spoil even the beer though! :)

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2007 at 5:36 AM

Glen you always do such nice detailed tips

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2006 at 8:01 PM

Well, Glen, we're on our way - Friday is lift off. First stop Sydney then on to BA. Really looking forward to Iguazu - your pages have been great preparation. leyle

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2006 at 1:36 AM

Your pages are helping me to plan my Iguazú visit. Very good tips and photos

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Puerto Iguazú

Have you been to Puerto Iguazú?

Latest Activity in Puerto Iguazú