"Foz do Iguazu - Attractions All Around!" Top 5 Page for this destination Foz do Iguaçu by Bwana_Brown
Foz do Iguaçu Travel Guide: 270 reviews and 645 photos
We were only 'accidental' visitors to Foz do Iguacu, the Brazilian city located almost on top of two of the world's wonders - nature's Iguacu Falls and the man-made Itaipu Dam! Once a sleepy town in the outback of Brazil, the construction of the world's biggest power plant on the Parana River fueled the area's economy and boosted the population of the city to about 300,000.
We were on a 2-week vacation trip to Argentina, and were spending part of it visiting Iguazu Falls, while staying at the much smaller town of Puerto Iguazu on the Argentine side of the Rio Iguazu. To properly do the full waterfalls experience, you really should try to explore both sides, so we ended up spending a short amount of time in Foz during the course of our tours.
We only saw a small part of the city, but what we did see seemed to be quite pleasant. Naturally, the larger population base will give you more choices for both restaurants and nightlife on this side of the river. However, if you are looking for a bit of peace and solitude, think about the Argentine side as an option! After a few days in Buenos Aires, that was what we were looking for!
- Pros:Everything You Need, Close to Iguazu Falls
- Cons:More 'City-Like', with it's Attendant Drawbacks
In our case, the tour of the Itaipu Dam was thrown in as a 'filler' (along with downtown Foz do Iguacu) to make up a... more travel advice
The Argentine-side of Iguazu Falls has much more to offer than the Brazil-side in terms of actually getting up-close and... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Foz do Iguaçu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iguacu: Big Water"
- "Doorway to the Falls"
- "Foz do Iguazu - Attractions All Around!"
- "Foz do Iguacu"
- "Gateway City to the best Waterfalls I've ever seen"
- "Defies description"
- "Gateway to Iguacu Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Foz do Iguaçu
- Hotels in Foz do Iguaçu
- Transportation in Foz do Iguaçu
- Nightlife in Foz do Iguaçu
- Restaurants in Foz do Iguaçu
- Shopping in Foz do Iguaçu
- Warnings and Dangers in Foz do Iguaçu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Foz do Iguaçu
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Foz do Iguaçu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Foz do Iguaçu
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Off the beaten path vs..."
- Commented on one of gonzo747's Foz do Iguaçu travel pages
- updated a Foz do Iguaçu Travel Page "Foz do Iguazu - Attractions All Around!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Iguacu Falls - Brazil Side"
- Wrote a Review A Lot of Sound & Not Much Substance in Foz do Iguaçu Tourist Traps
Photos in Foz do IguaçuSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos