"Foz do Iguazu - Attractions All Around!" Top 5 Page for this destination Foz do Iguaçu by Bwana_Brown

Foz do Iguaçu Travel Guide: 270 reviews and 645 photos

We were only 'accidental' visitors to Foz do Iguacu, the Brazilian city located almost on top of two of the world's wonders - nature's Iguacu Falls and the man-made Itaipu Dam! Once a sleepy town in the outback of Brazil, the construction of the world's biggest power plant on the Parana River fueled the area's economy and boosted the population of the city to about 300,000.

We were on a 2-week vacation trip to Argentina, and were spending part of it visiting Iguazu Falls, while staying at the much smaller town of Puerto Iguazu on the Argentine side of the Rio Iguazu. To properly do the full waterfalls experience, you really should try to explore both sides, so we ended up spending a short amount of time in Foz during the course of our tours.

We only saw a small part of the city, but what we did see seemed to be quite pleasant. Naturally, the larger population base will give you more choices for both restaurants and nightlife on this side of the river. However, if you are looking for a bit of peace and solitude, think about the Argentine side as an option! After a few days in Buenos Aires, that was what we were looking for!

• Pros:Everything You Need, Close to Iguazu Falls
  • Cons:More 'City-Like', with it's Attendant Drawbacks
  • Last visit to Foz do Iguaçu: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 1, 2005

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Iguazu looks beautiful, Glenn! You're a lucky "accidental visitor"! Well, one of these days...I have to go before my Brazil visa expires, Greetings from AZ, Norman :)

• Aug 20, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Such wonderful pictures accompanied by detailed information. I appreciate you for taking the time to present such a splendid page.

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Dear Glenn! Thank you for your nice comment. I have to confess that reading your tips I had a real lesson about Iguaçu!! Many greetings. Laszlo

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2008 at 3:33 PM

After the marvel of nature, the marvel of man. . . . I like when there is not only tourism-related stuff in the pages. I will have a look at the dam if I visit one day.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2008 at 12:13 PM

How wonderful to see such lovely falls from Brazil & Argentina they look wonderful to me from both sides.

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2007 at 10:23 AM

Great page. It's always interesting to see how people deal with changes in the plans. I believe changes are part of the experience of traveling. Cheers.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2007 at 6:51 AM

Despite the mix-up with the tour company, it looks like an interesting tour. The falls are certainly impressive, but the Itaipu Dam is impressive in its own way as well.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2007 at 5:21 AM

All of these tips look very helpful for our future trip!

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2006 at 6:28 AM

Glenn what do you think have been at both now Victora falls or Iguaçu as the first in falls??

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2006 at 6:18 PM

Sometimes unscheduled stops work out just fine, had one recently myself in Guadalajara Spain, just sit back and enjoy the ride :-) Nice coverage of the area!

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Foz do Iguaçu

Have you been to Foz do Iguaçu?