"Iguacu Falls - nature's spectacle!" Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional do Iguaçu by Bwana_Brown
Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Travel Guide: 269 reviews and 694 photos
My wife and I planned our excursion to the world famous Iguacu Falls, on the border between Argentina and Brazil, to tie-in with our 30th wedding anniversary. This was because we were married in Zambia, Central Africa and spent our Honeymoon at the equally famous Victoria Falls located on the Zambezi River on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia! We thought it would be interesting to see how these two rivals compared, especially since Iguacu is almost directly west of Victoria but on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean! Our experiences on the Brazilian-side were short, since we actually spent our 2-week vacation in various parts of Argentina. However, you really must see Iguacu Falls from both sides if you want the 'total experience'! The jury is in as far as I am concerned - Iguacu Falls is Number 1 in the World by a nose!!
Parque Nacional do Iguacu came into being in 1939 to protect the area around the Falls on the Brazilian-side and it covers a small area of less than 2 square-kilometers (0.7 sq. mile) of subtropical rain forest close to the large city of Foz do Iguacu. The area of the falls was declared a UNESCO Natural Heritage Site in 1986, a well-deserved honour! Check out my tips to find out what we thought about it all !
- Pros:The best view of the world's most spectacular waterfalls!
- Cons:Limited viewing area - crowded
- In a nutshell:Both sides have to be done to fully explore Iguacu Falls!
We had done the Argentine-side of Iguazu Falls the day before (see my 'Parque Nacional del Iguazu' page for the... more travel advice
Once you have done the catwalk thing, the tour is just about over. On returning to the edge of the gorge, a short walk... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A rumble in the jungle . . ."
- "Iguaçu: the "Big Water""
- "Iguacu Falls - nature's spectacle!"
- "panoramic views!"
- "The Brazilian side of the Iguaçu Falls"
- "With bird's eyes ~ Con ojos de pájaro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Hotels in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Transportation in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Shopping in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (101)
Have you been to Parque Nacional do Iguaçu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Commented on one of mindcrime's Parque Nacional do Iguaçu travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Off the beaten path vs..."
- updated a Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Travel Page "Iguacu Falls - nature's spectacle!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Below the 'Devil's Throat'"
- Wrote a Review Looking at Brazil in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Things to Do
Photos in Parque Nacional do IguaçuSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos