"Iguacu Falls - nature's spectacle!" Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional do Iguaçu by Bwana_Brown

Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Travel Guide: 269 reviews and 694 photos

My wife and I planned our excursion to the world famous Iguacu Falls, on the border between Argentina and Brazil, to tie-in with our 30th wedding anniversary. This was because we were married in Zambia, Central Africa and spent our Honeymoon at the equally famous Victoria Falls located on the Zambezi River on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia! We thought it would be interesting to see how these two rivals compared, especially since Iguacu is almost directly west of Victoria but on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean! Our experiences on the Brazilian-side were short, since we actually spent our 2-week vacation in various parts of Argentina. However, you really must see Iguacu Falls from both sides if you want the 'total experience'! The jury is in as far as I am concerned - Iguacu Falls is Number 1 in the World by a nose!!

Parque Nacional do Iguacu came into being in 1939 to protect the area around the Falls on the Brazilian-side and it covers a small area of less than 2 square-kilometers (0.7 sq. mile) of subtropical rain forest close to the large city of Foz do Iguacu. The area of the falls was declared a UNESCO Natural Heritage Site in 1986, a well-deserved honour! Check out my tips to find out what we thought about it all !

• Pros:The best view of the world's most spectacular waterfalls!
  • Cons:Limited viewing area - crowded
  • In a nutshell:Both sides have to be done to fully explore Iguacu Falls!
  • Last visit to Parque Nacional do Iguaçu: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 28, 2007

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Terrific place, Glenn, despite the crowds, I would like to visit this place. You show well you enjoyed it , and the electrical engineer was of course very interested. Thanks for this wet tour.

• sennaya's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2008 at 5:33 AM

Such a delectable, heavenly charming waterfall! We would like to see it one day.

• GuthrieColin's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Excellent page Glenn, I happen to think that Iguacu is just about the most spectacular waterfall in the world. It's been on my top 5 waterfalls to see for a while. Some day i'll make it down there.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2007 at 5:54 AM

What an exciting place for a 30th anniversary! Great descriptions and photos!

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Great page about a fantastic destination. Both Victoria and Iguacu Falls are high on my dream-list. It's a shame, but I haven't heard about Itaipu Dam.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2007 at 11:38 AM

wow, what a terrific place to go ! This place is so spectacular and I have to go there myself one day !

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2007 at 10:30 AM

wow, incredible pictures.

• wclu's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2007 at 4:35 PM

I agree with you because they are so organized ,the trains are so helpfull. WCLU

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2007 at 12:55 AM

That was good picture of the waterfalls and a great tip!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2006 at 1:20 AM

What an amazing and beautiful place! To see the falls from both sides sounds to be a must.

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu

Have you been to Parque Nacional do Iguaçu?