"The End of England" Top 5 Page for this destination Cornwall by Bwana_Brown
Cornwall Travel Guide: 1,681 reviews and 4,285 photos
My wife and I were last in Cornwall over the Christmas holidays in December, 2005 and I must say that the weather treated us very favourably! We took three days to drive down from London, travelling through 'Wiltshire' and then along the north coast of both 'Somerset' and 'Devon' as we enjoyed both the scenery and attractions. This time, while in Cornwall, I paid a bit more attention to the city of Truro, where we were staying, and also managed to slip in a walk along the 250-ft cliffs of the Northern Coast.
In February, 2004 Cornwall was the real destination on that trip to England - it was just that we took a week to get there as we meandered around the other parts of southern England! In my case, it meant that between my Wednesday afternoon arrival and Saturday morning departure for London, there was not much time to savour the delights of this county. Still, the National Maritime Museum Cornwall in Falmouth was one of the highlights of the trip for me and I also did get a chance to do a little driving around the backroads as you can see from this photo. By this stage of our trip, wintery weather had descended from Scotland and we actually had various bouts of snow and pounding hail that the residents said they had not seen in a long time. That being said, I still always enjoy a visit to this 'Land's End' part of England! From here, I was back off to London by myself, with brief stops to meet Sir Geoff Wright in Altarnun and for a quick lunch in Somerset before arriving back in Surrey where the trip had begun 10-days earlier!
- In a nutshell:So Many Things to See and Do!
(Dec. 2005 trip) - The coastal footpaths along the rugged southwest coast of England came into being many years ago out... more travel advice
(December, 2005 trip) - After our long drive to the Truro area from Barnstaple, on the north coast of Devon, in mostly... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Cornwall Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Putting the "corn" back in Cornwall"
- "Pixies, cream teas and a beautiful blue sea"
- "The End of England"
- "Cornwall - picturesque and friendly"
- "Just Beautiful!"
- "Kernow Istorek (Historic Cornwall)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cornwall
- Hotels in Cornwall
- Transportation in Cornwall
- Nightlife in Cornwall
- Restaurants in Cornwall
- Shopping in Cornwall
- Warnings and Dangers in Cornwall
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cornwall
- 41 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Cornwall?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cornwall
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos