"Walking La Gomera" Isla de la Gomera by mplessers
Isla de la Gomera Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 326 photos
Many people visit "La Gomera" as a day (from Tenerife).
Some will stay in one of the lager town to have a relaxing holiday.
Few will really "walk" this island. We did a small trekking from east to west and although the island is only 25km large, it's impossible to walk around it along the beach (because of the steep barranca's -- valleys -- and large cliffs). A hiker and/or nature lover doesn't want to miss the beauty of the laurier forrest (Unesco heritage) on the top of the island.
You can read a small overview of our trip on La Gomera on these pages (see travelogue) or you can read the full travelogue (in Dutch) on http://gallery.uunet.be/mark.plessers/reis/gom.
For more information (outside VT) http://www.gomera-island.com is a gooed place to start.
- In a nutshell:For hikers and nature lovers
The forrest (Laurisilva) is Unesco world heritage. There are lot's of great hikes through the forrest near the summit of... more travel advice
It's possible to rent a car on the island. I don't know if it's better to hire a car on Tenerife, and put it on the... more travel advice
mplessers' Related Pages
Isla de la Gomera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Gomera"
- "La Gomera"
- " Island of Peaks & Valleys"
- "Walking away from the crowd"
- "Another Day in Another World"
- "ONE GREAT WEEKEND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de la Gomera
- Hotels in Isla de la Gomera
- Transportation in Isla de la Gomera
- Nightlife in Isla de la Gomera
- Restaurants in Isla de la Gomera
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de la Gomera
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de la Gomera
- 8 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Isla de la Gomera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de la Gomera
- Posted in Travel Belgium Forum "Re: Travel info "
- Commented on one of scottishvisitor's Isla de la Gomera travel pages
- updated a Isla de la Gomera Travel Page "Walking La Gomera"
- Wrote a Review Whisting language (Silbo language) in Isla de la Gomera Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walking La Gomera"
Photos in Isla de la GomeraSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 3 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canada Intro, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zuidhollandse Biesbosch Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tyungur Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Isla de la Gomera Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iceland Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gent Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beekse Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Peru Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue