"Hershey Park Happy!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hershey by littlesam1

Hershey Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 240 photos

Memories

Hershey Park is one of my favorite places. I have been going there since the late 1950's when I was very young. My parents would take my sister and I to Hershey Park every summer. Back then the park was very small. There was no entrance fee. You bought individual ticekts for the rides. We would take a picnic basket with us for the day.

The park was first opened in 1907 for the employees of the Hershey Chocolate Factory. Today Hershey Park is still an independantly owned amusement park. But it resembles the Six Flags, Busch Garden chains very much. However some of the old parts still remain although each year they get harder and more difficult to find. Once I find one of those old garden spots or pavillions the memories flood back. I can almost see my parents sitting on the benches or watching one of the shows while my sister and I ran around the park having the time of our lives.

In the 1970's and 80's Hershey Park had a theme song. It went along to the words "Hershey Park Happy, get Hershey Park glad. So many things to see and do. Good times to be had." So many memories also.

Pictured here is the other guy in the hat, Jim, laughing and waving from the historic carousel. Looks like Hershey Park Happy to me!

• Pros:Great family entertainment for all ages.
  • Cons:Expensive but then all amusement parks are expensive.
  • In a nutshell:According to the advertisements - The Sweetest Place on Earth
  • Last visit to Hershey: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 9, 2004

• Sep 30, 2008 at 6:10 PM

The Comet was built in 1946 to replace the original Wildcat. And, yes the Comet is a great old wooden coaster - which I have been riding for more than 50 years!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Great memories here - I grew up in PA and it was wonderful, healthy fun.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 4:33 AM

Memories of Happy Days on this page. I lived not too far from Hershey in the early 70s. Just reading your page give me a craving for chocolate!

• edachsund's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2006 at 10:43 PM

seems very enjoyable! maybe I shall go check it out the place next time I m in the US. greeting from the east! - emie

• Wendy67's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2006 at 8:56 PM

I don't do the spinning rides either - give me a coaster any day, but spin me and you'll be sorry. Fun page, Larry. We're hoping to visit next year.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2006 at 8:07 AM

What a delight to read about such a fun-filled park that creates new memories to pile on all the older ones. I smiled the entire time I read your narratives and viewed the photographs. Thanks for this positive virtual tour.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2005 at 10:13 AM

We love Hershey Park--it's choco-licious!! Enjoyed your commentary and photos! I agree with you regarding the rides than spin...after a full meal! ugh!

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2005 at 8:25 AM

This is a very special park during the holidays with shows and even some rides open. Hope you get a chance to see those wonderful Candylane lights sometime. It does bring back our childhood memories of Hershey Park.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2005 at 9:20 PM

Brings back memories of when I lived in Hershey in the 70's. I could still get into the factory tour back then.

• RIPKEN_HOF's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2005 at 12:11 PM

U going to Hersey this year? Close ride, luv the discount tix, you and my Wife can sit and watch us do the spin rides,,,glad u didn't leave any Hersey chunk bars there..lol

littlesam1

“"The only thing to do with family skeletons is to take them out of the closet and dance with them."”

Badges & Stats in Hershey

Have you been to Hershey?

Latest Activity in Hershey