"Hershey Park Happy!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hershey by littlesam1
Hershey Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 243 photos
Hershey Park is one of my favorite places. I have been going there since the late 1950's when I was very young. My parents would take my sister and I to Hershey Park every summer. Back then the park was very small. There was no entrance fee. You bought individual ticekts for the rides. We would take a picnic basket with us for the day.
The park was first opened in 1907 for the employees of the Hershey Chocolate Factory. Today Hershey Park is still an independantly owned amusement park. But it resembles the Six Flags, Busch Garden chains very much. However some of the old parts still remain although each year they get harder and more difficult to find. Once I find one of those old garden spots or pavillions the memories flood back. I can almost see my parents sitting on the benches or watching one of the shows while my sister and I ran around the park having the time of our lives.
In the 1970's and 80's Hershey Park had a theme song. It went along to the words "Hershey Park Happy, get Hershey Park glad. So many things to see and do. Good times to be had." So many memories also.
Pictured here is the other guy in the hat, Jim, laughing and waving from the historic carousel. Looks like Hershey Park Happy to me!
- Pros:Great family entertainment for all ages.
- Cons:Expensive but then all amusement parks are expensive.
- In a nutshell:According to the advertisements - The Sweetest Place on Earth
I can never stay awake when I am in a car and someone else is driving. I end up alseep every time. On our way home from... more travel advice
It was a long day. And it rained for most of it. Towards the end of our day the rains returned and were quite heavy. I... more travel advice
littlesam1's Related Pages
Hershey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Celebrating 100 Years of Hershey's"
- "HERSHEY PARK--A Chocolate Lover's Fantasy!"
- "Hershey Park Happy!"
- "A Town of Chocolate"
- "Chocolate Town USA"
- "Kisses from Chocolate Town"
- "Hershey PA - Chocolate Town USA."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hershey
- Hotels in Hershey
- Transportation in Hershey
- Nightlife in Hershey
- Restaurants in Hershey
- Shopping in Hershey
- Warnings and Dangers in Hershey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hershey
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Hershey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hershey
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 57 reviews, 144 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues