"Haunted Lighthouses and Civil War Ghosts" Point Lookout State Park by littlesam1
Point Lookout State Park Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 98 photos
Point Lookout is a very remote and beautiful area deep in Southern Maryland. It is the southern most point in Maryland surrounded by beautiful shorelines and the Chesapeake Bay. However the natural beauty of the area is overshadowed by its tragic and horrific history. Visiting Point Lookout today you are reminded of its past from its haunted lighthouse to its deadly Civil War prisoner of war camp.
From the Contraband camp of former slaves, to the prisoner of war camp, to the haunted lighthouse, you will find many sad and tragic stories all associated with the small pennisula at Marylands southern most point.
Located next to the Federal memorial you will find the State of Marylands monument to the Confederate dead from the... more travel advice
Less than a mile north of the Point Lookout Lighthouse is the site of the largest northern Civil War prisoner of war... more travel advice
littlesam1's Related Pages
Point Lookout State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Haunted Lighthouses and Civil War Ghosts"
- "From Prison to State Park"
- "Family Picnic at Point Lookout State Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Point Lookout State Park
- Hotels in Point Lookout State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Point Lookout State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Point Lookout State Park
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Point Lookout State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Point Lookout State Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What was the good old days..."
- updated a Point Lookout State Park Travel Page "Haunted Lighthouses and Civil War Ghosts"
- Wrote a Review State Of MD Monument to Confederate Veterans in Point Lookout State Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Haunted Lighthouses and Civil War Ghosts"
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Point Lookout State Park travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 55 reviews, 141 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue