"Great Falls Maryland" Great Falls by littlesam1
Great Falls Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 47 photos
The Great Falls of the Potomac are west of Washington DC and South of Baltimore, Maryland. They are located in Great Falls National Park in both Maryland and across the river in Virginia. The falls are a series of cascades and white water rapids located on a two-thirds mile area of the Potomac River. The river actually drops about 76 feet over this distance.
The lands around Great Falls became a part of The National Parks Service in 1966. The parks service acquired 800 acres... more travel advice
The park rangers are very friendly and have a difficult job. The falls are very dangerous and there are several deaths... more travel advice
littlesam1's Related Pages
Great Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Falls Maryland"
- "Great Falls Over The Potomac"
- "Great Falls: The Maryland Side"
- "Great Falls (MD / VA) - Potomac River"
- "Great Falls"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Great Falls
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Great Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Great Falls
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 59 reviews, 148 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues