"Cumberland Maryland" Cumberland by littlesam1
Cumberland Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 60 photos
I was born and lived in one of Marylands small historical towns in the eastern part of the state. It is named Havre de Grace. Maryland has lots of historical small towns throughout the state. Maryland runs from the sea coast of the Atlantic Ocean to the peaks of the Appalachian Mountains. Each region is very distinct and different. Cumberland is one of the historical small towns of Maryland located in mountains of Western Maryland. Cumberland has a population of approximatedly 24,000. Its located 130 west of Baltimore city, 130 miles north west of Washington DC and 100 miles South East of Pittsburgh, Pennsylavania. Coming from a small town I appreciate the charm and laid back attitude of a small town. If your looking for a bustling tourist attraction you will be disappointed visiting Cumberland. If your looking for genuine small town Americana you will enjoy your afternoon in Cumberland.
I lived in Cumberland during the summer of 1975. I was a college student and had a summer job in Cumberland. The historic preservation had not been started yet and the town was basically a very old small town with not a lot to do for a college student. But I remember enjoying the mountains and going for car rides along the mountains and rivers in the evenings to entertain myself. Looking back now it was a great experience. Returning now some thirty years later has been a lot fun. It was really nice to see the changes and the historical area. Although there has been a lot of change, Cumberland still has that small town old Americana feel to it. Its like taking a trip back in time.
I have seen Canal Place advertised many times in brochures and news items about Cumberland. It was a major... more travel advice
Although Baltimore Street has been transformed into a Victorian looking pedestrian walkway all is not historical. There... more travel advice
littlesam1's Related Pages
Cumberland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cumberland Maryland"
- "Cumberland on the change"
- "Gateway to the Alleghenies"
- "Cumberland, Maryland"
- "Queen City"
- "Far West in Maryland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cumberland
- 10 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Cumberland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cumberland
Photos in CumberlandSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 59 reviews, 148 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues