"Colton's Point - Birth Place of Maryland" Coltons Point by littlesam1
Coltons Point Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 53 photos
Although St. Mary's City is considered Marylands oldest city, Colton's Point in St. Mary's County is the true birth place of Maryland. The original colonist came on the ships The Ark and The Dove to set up a Catholic colony and landed on St. Clements Island just off the shore at Coltons Point. Take Maryland Route 242 to the end of the route in Colton's Point to trace the foot steps of Maryland's founders.
For a really pleasant day allow yourself some time to explore the island. There are picnic tables provided if you want... more travel advice
When you reach the island the river taxi lands at a small pier that leads you to a path on the island. Follow the path... more travel advice
littlesam1's Related Pages
Coltons Point Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colton's Point - Birth Place of Maryland"
- "Jumping off Point for St. Clement's Island"
- "Where Maryland Was Born"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coltons Point
- 5 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Coltons Point?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coltons Point
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: American Chop Suey"
- Uploaded a Photo to "St. Clement's Island, Maryland"
- created a Coltons Point Travelogue "St. Clement's Island, Maryland"
- Wrote a Review Enjoy nature on St. Clements Island in Coltons Point Things to Do
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Coltons Point travel pages
Photos in Coltons PointSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 59 reviews, 148 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues