"Baltimore "The Monumental City"" Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore by littlesam1
Baltimore Travel Guide: 1,196 reviews and 3,406 photos
If you do not believe me then you can read it right here. I saw this this park bench in Patterson Park on Eastern Avenue in Baltimore. It simply states Baltimore The Greatest City In America. Baltimore has its problems and at times a bad reputation in the press. But to the people who were born and raised in the area there is a certain pride in this blue collar city. Is Baltimore the greatest city in America? Perhaps not. But if you live here then have to Believe. That is the current city motto from our present mayor. BELIEVE.
Baltimore has many nick names. Some nice and some are not so nice. One of the older well known nicknames is The Monumental City. Baltimore is best known today for it Inner Harbor and Oriole Park at Camden Yards. But there is much more to Baltimore than just these tourist areas. I will show you the Inner Harbor plus many other interesting and lesser know areas of the city. From Fells Point to Patterson Park I want to show you many aspects and faces of this great city.
Baltimore is a large city made up of many smaller neighborhoods which gives it a small town feeling to those who live here.
Pictured here is Baltimore's Washington Monument in Mt. Vernon. The monument is open to the public and you can climb the steps to the top during most weekday afternoon. I am a lifelong resident of Maryland and I have never done this. But someone visiting might enjoy the view.
- Pros:Great ethnic neighborhoods.
- In a nutshell:Its the world of John Waters and Hampden Hons..Hon.
The old Morris Mechanic Theater in Baltimore is now a vacant building. Built in 1967 it housed traveling theater... more travel advice
If you have read any of my other VT pages you will know that I love statues. When I travel I can't pass a statue without... more travel advice
littlesam1's Related Pages
Baltimore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charm City"
- "Native Baltimoron"
- "The Land of Pleasant Living and...."
- "Baltimore "The Monumental City""
- "~ Baltimore ~"
- "DUCKPIN BOWLING AT THE PATTERSON BOWL"
- "The Great BaltOberfest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hotels in Baltimore
- Transportation in Baltimore
- Nightlife in Baltimore
- Restaurants in Baltimore
- Shopping in Baltimore
- Warnings and Dangers in Baltimore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baltimore
- 55 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 29 Forum posts
- 174 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Baltimore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baltimore
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What was the good old days..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The British Are Coming! Fredericksburg Premeeting"
- created a Baltimore Travelogue "The British Are Coming part 2"
- Commented on one of Greggor58's Baltimore travel pages
- Wrote a Review Morris A. Mechanic Theater - Baltimore's Ugliest in Baltimore Off The Beaten Path
Photos in BaltimoreSee All Photos (142)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 55 reviews, 141 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue