"Baltimore "The Monumental City"" Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore by littlesam1

Baltimore Travel Guide: 1,196 reviews and 3,406 photos

Baltimore The Greatest City In America

If you do not believe me then you can read it right here. I saw this this park bench in Patterson Park on Eastern Avenue in Baltimore. It simply states Baltimore The Greatest City In America. Baltimore has its problems and at times a bad reputation in the press. But to the people who were born and raised in the area there is a certain pride in this blue collar city. Is Baltimore the greatest city in America? Perhaps not. But if you live here then have to Believe. That is the current city motto from our present mayor. BELIEVE.

Baltimore has many nick names. Some nice and some are not so nice. One of the older well known nicknames is The Monumental City. Baltimore is best known today for it Inner Harbor and Oriole Park at Camden Yards. But there is much more to Baltimore than just these tourist areas. I will show you the Inner Harbor plus many other interesting and lesser know areas of the city. From Fells Point to Patterson Park I want to show you many aspects and faces of this great city.

Baltimore is a large city made up of many smaller neighborhoods which gives it a small town feeling to those who live here.

Pictured here is Baltimore's Washington Monument in Mt. Vernon. The monument is open to the public and you can climb the steps to the top during most weekday afternoon. I am a lifelong resident of Maryland and I have never done this. But someone visiting might enjoy the view.

• Pros:Great ethnic neighborhoods.
  • In a nutshell:Its the world of John Waters and Hampden Hons..Hon.
  • Intro Updated Jun 16, 2008

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I absolutely enjoyed your lovely tour of your home town. Baltimore such a neat city. You've shared so many other wonderful things to see. The memorials and statues I enjoyed a lot! Excellent page!

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2010 at 7:14 AM

We drove through Baltimore last week...finally getting used to the traffic. ( we do this run at least 4 times a year on our way to our house in Florida.Nice pages1

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Nice singing photos from your meet. All those lovely ladies and i had to work ;Ø/

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM

And in Sintra, I took the bus, a long way up!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2009 at 3:14 AM

Baltimore & Pittsburgh love the Hon thing! Lots of familiar stuff here - lots of new places I would like to see - Vaccaro's! What is the name of that bridge from Baltimore to Chesapeak Bay? Don't tell me its the Chesapeak Bridge!

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2009 at 12:25 PM

great tattoo story Larry...very special!

• crewrower's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Thanks Larry. I've browsed your pages a few times over the years. Your pic of Baltimore makes me a bit homesick...

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2008 at 11:46 AM

LAR-R-R-R-R-Y! HAPPY FREAKIN BIRTHDAY! Hope Mark got you something expensive. I sent you a rolex in the post today. Hope you have a great day and called in sick at work in anticipation of a blinding hangover. All the best!

• Escadora7's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Hi Larry! Thanks for stopping by our SF page. Your Baltimore page is very interesting. I've wanted to visit the city ever since I read John Waters' biography. Hopefully one day we'll come to visit! Best wishes, Ash & Eve

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2008 at 4:03 AM

US Airways - BWI-LAX Return via Charlotte = $305.50. American Airlines IAD-LAX Return direct = $306 - both are 11/0/08-11/04/08. Can I do any more to help/persuade? LOL!!! Gillybob greetings

littlesam1

“"The only thing to do with family skeletons is to take them out of the closet and dance with them."”

Badges & Stats in Baltimore

Have you been to Baltimore?

Photos in Baltimore