"The Two Guys in Hats Explore The Rock" Top 5 Page for this destination Alcatraz Island by littlesam1

Alcatraz Island Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 191 photos

I first visited San Francisco in 1999. Ionly had one weekend for this visit so there were many things I did not get to see. I returned very disappointed that I did not get to take a tour of Alcatraz. I have whined and complained about it every since whenever the a discussion about San Francisco comes up. When I returned to San Francisco in July 2005 I was determined to see Alcatraz or else! Luckily I had an entire week for this trip to San Francisco and plenty of time to see things I missed the last time.

So the guys in hats made their reservation on the Blue and Gold Line Tour for Alcatraz. We had a really good time as you will see from the pictures we took on the tour.

• Last visit to Alcatraz Island: Jul 2005
  • Intro Written Sep 9, 2005

• pattypoo's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2007 at 9:27 AM

My deceased Uncle spent time as a guest in Alcatraz 50 years ago or more..I never found out why though wish I knew now..

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 12:16 PM

Fascinating place and cast of characters.We took a late afternoon tour & had to leave before we saw enough of the place. The audio tour was great. Excellent work on this page!

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2005 at 7:16 PM

What an unusual and interesting page, I'm not surprise it's your favourite. Lesley

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2005 at 12:01 PM

Very interesting read, Larry. The atmosphere in there must have been quite amazing - certainly would keep you on the straight and narrow !

• Nov 22, 2005 at 9:55 AM

This is really interesting. I never knew much of this stuff. Did you see any ghosts? You always hear about it being haunted. Do you guys ever take off your hats?

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2005 at 5:41 AM

an interesting page & location ! I often passed by Alcatraz, while were we were cruising to Alaska from San Francisco, but I never had time enough to go there and explore this interesting island !

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2005 at 12:57 PM

Yeah, very interesting virtual tour of Alcatraz - and who doesn't remember Sean Connery in The Rock :-)))

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2005 at 3:26 AM

Interesting tour. I remember film The Bird Man of Alcatraz.

littlesam1

“"The only thing to do with family skeletons is to take them out of the closet and dance with them."”

Badges & Stats in Alcatraz Island

Have you been to Alcatraz Island?

Photos in Alcatraz Island