"Basel" Top 5 Page for this destination Basel by littlesam1
Basel Travel Guide: 510 reviews and 1,421 photos
We used Bern as our central location and did most of our traveling from here. Basel was only a two hour train ride from Bern. Basel really left me with mixed impressions. In my honest opinion it had the least restoration to its cathedrals and historical building of any city I had visited. However there are many wonderful historical sites to visit. They have just not really been restored or developed. I imagine this is because Basel is not a huge tourist draw. But I do believe with a little work and some cleaning up of its historical areas Basel could become a more desirable tourist stop. All of this being said I still would tell anyone to not miss or avoid Basel. It is a very beautiful and fascinating city. It just takes a little work to find the treasures here.
Basel is Switzerlands second largetst city. The origins of the city date back to 44 BC. Basel does seem like a quiet and laid back Swiss city but lets not forget LSD was first created here. There are many sides to this fascinating city.
Even the bridges have colorful and attractive additions on them. Here is the bridge we used to cross the Rhine. more travel advice
There is very little grafitti anywhere in Switzerland. It is generally a very clean and beautiful country. However you... more travel advice
littlesam1's Related Pages
Basel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basel - Switzerland's Gate to the world"
- "Basel - trinational"
- "Cycling and recycling in Basel"
- "BASEL CITY and RHEIN RIVER - SWITZERLAND"
- "Basel: Happy people live here"
- "Beautiful Basel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Basel
- Hotels in Basel
- Transportation in Basel
- Nightlife in Basel
- Restaurants in Basel
- Shopping in Basel
- Warnings and Dangers in Basel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Basel
- 20 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Basel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Basel
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 55 reviews, 141 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue