"Interlaken" Interlaken by littlesam1

Interlaken Travel Guide: 508 reviews and 1,371 photos

I started this page over a year ago and just realized I had not written anything on the page. That kind of gives you an idea of my impression of Interlaken. It was my least favorite location I visited in Switzerland. And while it was still beautiful like all of Switzerland, it just did not grab my attention. Originally I had planned to stay in Interlaken and use it as my home base for my trip through Switzerland. At the last minute we changed our plans and booked our room in Bern instead. I was glad we made the change afterwards.

Interlaken is a resort area and very touristy. I found the more remote areas of Switzerland and the cities more interesting. This is just a matter of personal taste. I have read many pages on VT that have glowing raves for Interlaken. So I would suggest you read them also and make your own decisions.

• Last visit to Interlaken: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 21, 2005

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 11:30 AM

just back from a three weeks vacation in Switzerland. You are right Switzerland is one of the most clean countries I ever been, and also the most beautiful country

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2007 at 6:50 AM

I actually like Interlaken. But you're right, it's mostly used as a base for tours in the area.

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 8:34 AM

Lovely page of Interlaken. Great photos and texts.

• elgin99's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2005 at 9:23 AM

Funny texts and wonderful pages! Thanks for tips and.... congrats! I´ll come back soon.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 4:50 AM

I recognize quite a few of the sights - will you add some text, too? I spent a week in hospital in Interlaken - having coffee is definitely more fun.....

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2004 at 3:02 PM

Lovely pics for great memories ! I was working in Restaurant Schuh lots of years ago - having coffee there is certainly more fun !! ;-))

littlesam1

“"The only thing to do with family skeletons is to take them out of the closet and dance with them."”

Badges & Stats in Interlaken

Have you been to Interlaken?

Latest Activity in Interlaken