"Murren - The Bond Connection" Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren by littlesam1
Mürren Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 334 photos
The guys in hats were having a great time visiting Switzerland. We saw many cities, many mountains, traveled on lots of trains and ate lots of great food. But for me the hightlight of the trip had to be the trip to Schilthorn. There are lots of mountains in the Swiss Alps. What makes Schilthorn so special you ask? For me, the James Bond film fanatic, it was the chance to visit the ultimate Bond fan location. Piz Gloria, home to Blofeld in On Her Majesty's Secret Service. But it is not easy getting here. You have to travel by train, inclined railway, and finally mountain aerial cable car to reach the peak of Schilthorn. But its a beautiful trip.
From our hotel in Bern we walked two blocks to the train station. Here we took the train to Interlaken. At Interlaken we had to change to a smaller train system which took us to Lauterbrunnen . We purchased our tickets to Schilthorn at the station in Interlaken for the round trip. At Lauterbrunnen we changed trains to the inclined railway. The inclined railway goes to Murren. You can not take a car to Murren. It can only be reached by the inclined railway or by an aerial cable car ride. After arriving in Murren we had to walk to the end of the town to the aerial cable cars that rise to Schilthorns 10,000 feet height. The cable cars are the longest aerial cable cars in the Alps.
This is my favorite picture from Schilthorn. I know it does not contain any mountain vistas or chalets. There are no sunsets or sun rises. Its just me in the middle of a James Bond action scene. There are many pictures on this page of the area and the scenery. As you look at the pictures on this page and see the mountains and the valleys and the beauty. Just remember that when I was taking those picture my mind was really in the middle of this scene. There is Telly Savalis, Diana Rigg, George Lazenby and me the guy in the hat.
- Pros:The beauty of the Alps and fantasy of a Bond movie
- Cons:Difficult to reach. But worth the trip.
- In a nutshell:Ultimate mountain top experience
Here we are on top of Schilthorn. We really enjoyed our day in Murren and Piz Gloria. Schilthorn is a beautiful mountain... more travel advice
Murren is not only carved into the side of a mountain but it is also surrounded by towering mountains. Schilthorn rises... more travel advice
littlesam1's Related Pages
Mürren Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Murren - The Bond Connection"
- "a place to have your Martini stirred, not shaken"
- "Sweet village"
- "Murren, Switzerland"
- "Mürren, Switzerland"
- "Mürren in Summer"
- "In the Heart of The Alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mürren
- Hotels in Mürren
- Transportation in Mürren
- Nightlife in Mürren
- Restaurants in Mürren
- Warnings and Dangers in Mürren
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mürren
- 35 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Mürren?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mürren
Photos in MürrenSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 58 reviews, 144 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues