"Oia pronounced Ia" Top 5 Page for this destination Oia by littlesam1

Oia Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 451 photos

The beautiful village of Oia

Oia is second to Fira as the best know village on Santorini. It is known for its beautiful sunsets and spectacular cliffs. Its possible to take a three hour hike from Fira to Oia. You will walk the path over the cliffs and see many beautiful views. Its a challenge but one that can be enjoyed. You can also take a bus from Fira and arrive within 15 minutes. I was not exactly wanting to be challenged by this point in my Greek vacation. I had spent 5 days walking the streets of Athens and one day in Fira climbing the cliffs and walking all day. So I took the bus. And I have no regrets!

• Last visit to Oia: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 25, 2007

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Thanks for sharing your terrific photos and advice. Just when in Fira do you get that bus to Oia? Also, can you get a bus from the Sunset taverna back up and to Fira?

• DAO's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2009 at 6:58 AM

This sure brings back some great memories!

• soccergrrl's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2007 at 10:48 AM

Next time, stay in Oia -- the sunsets *are* romantic from your own patio! :-) Nice!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2007 at 12:42 PM

what an amazingly beautiful place! now i will read your travelogues for adventures with sunsets and bus stops

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 4:11 PM

Hi Larry, finally I started to put the first Greek pictures on my pages. A lot more to come after my Madagascar trip. Yes we had a lot of fun !!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Yes indeed, Oia was truly beautiful and the sunset amazing. What a great time we all had here.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2007 at 11:35 AM

These are truly splendid photos, Larry. I especially like the bell tower on the orthodox church. Sorry I missed what appears to have been a wonderful VT meet.

littlesam1

“"The only thing to do with family skeletons is to take them out of the closet and dance with them."”

Badges & Stats in Oia