"Kutna Hora - A Day Outside of Prague" Kutna Hora by littlesam1
Kutna Hora Travel Guide: 365 reviews and 959 photos
Kunta Hora is a perfect daty trip to escape the crowds of Prague. The small town of approximately 21,000 was at one time second only to Prague in size and importance in the region. At one time it was the richest town in Bohemia due to is silver deposits. Today it is a beautiful and well preserved medieval city ready to be explored. I suggest allowing yourself one entire day to walk the streets, explore the historic buildings.
Kutna Hora is about 80 km from Prague and can be reached easily by train. There is a visitors information center that is open daily at the city centrum. We found the people there to be very helpful and polite.
- Pros:A great day trip from Prague.
- Cons:Could become over crowded during the high tourist season.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful medieval setting. Perfect for a day of exploring.
When I visit a city I always enjoy finding its monuments and sculptures. I was fascinated by this column although I did... more travel advice
Walking towards St. Barbara's the tented like roof can be seen in the distance. There is legend or rumor that the church... more travel advice
littlesam1's Related Pages
Kutna Hora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old bones Galore for the serious bone connaisseur"
- "North Bohemian Growing Pains"
- "Kutná Hora - treasury of the Czech Kingdom"
- "The Historical Kutna Hora.."
- "Kutna Hora - formerly rich of silver Czech town"
- "St Barbara Cathedral..."
- "Kutna Hora - A Day Outside of Prague"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kutna Hora
- Hotels in Kutna Hora
- Transportation in Kutna Hora
- Nightlife in Kutna Hora
- Restaurants in Kutna Hora
- Shopping in Kutna Hora
- Warnings and Dangers in Kutna Hora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kutna Hora
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Kutna Hora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kutna Hora
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 55 reviews, 141 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue