London Restaurant Tips by littlesam1

London Restaurants: 3,005 reviews and 4,142 photos

John Lennons suit - London

John Lennons suit

Hard Rock Cafe: Was the Hard Rock Cafe worth our time...YES! Hard Rock Cafe Review

So now the question is "Was it really worth our time to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe in London." Well if you have been following this Liverpool/London vacation of ours you will know the Beatles were a big part of why I wanted to take this trip. When we were seated, much to my pleasure, we were placed directly between the suits John Lennon and Paul McCartney wore in the early days of The Beatles. The food could have been terrible and I would still have left with a postive experience just for the chance to see the suits. And the food was OK. Typical Hard Rock food.

Rating: 4

• Updated Jul 7, 2005
Drinking on Carnaby Street - London
Drinking on Carnaby Street

We had been walking all day and needed to rest. So Danielle and I stopped at this little street cafe on Carnaby Street. Danielle was only 18 so it is not legal for her to drink alcohol at home in the US. But in London it was permitted. So we had a little drink at this cafe. Actually my glass of wine came in a very large glass. It was more like a double glass of wine. We had not eaten anything all day and had walked a lot and were hot and tired. So of course in this state of being the wine went straight to my head. Danielle's drink was much smaller and did not bother her much. But I got very light headed and had to stay seated for a few minutes. I might add that I was feeling very very good also! Danielle's polite comment to Dad was "Boy are you ever a light weight Dad." Age, alcohol, and heat do not make a good combination.

We had been shopping at LUSH for hand made soaps before stopping here. But in the picture it looks like the bag is talking about the guy in the hat who had too much wine. LUSH!

Theme: Local

• Updated Jun 18, 2003
William Shakesphere Restaurant - London
William Shakesphere Restaurant Shakespeares Head, Soho Review

Thjis looked like a great place to eat on Carnaby Street. But we did not eat here. We really should have though. It would have made a much better tip here had we eaten at this restaurant. Its located on the corner of Cranaby Street right across the street from the little cafe where I had to large of a glass of wine.

Theme: Local

• Written Jun 11, 2003
Paul McCartney suit at the HRC - London

Paul McCartney suit at the HRC

Hard Rock Cafe: Don't Forget Paul Hard Rock Cafe Review

I can't leave out Paul McCartney. His suit was also directly behind us. George and Ringo's suits were behind the table next to us. I did not get a picture of them because I did not want to blind the people eating there with my camera's flash attachment. However now that its been a year later I wish that I would have just been a rude tourist and gone ahead and taken the pictures. It would have completed my set.

• Written Jun 11, 2003
Larry and Danielle at the HRC - London

Larry and Danielle at the HRC

Hard Rock Cafe: Eating and Rocking with The Beatles Hard Rock Cafe Review

I do not make it a habit to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe's when I travel. I much prefer to eat at someplace that is local and not a chain restaurant. I always look up the Hard Rock Cafe though so I can buy a souvineer tee shirt. I have quite a few from my travels. However Danielle and I did decide to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe in London for several reasons. First because it was the very first Hard Rock Cafe it had a particular significance to other Hard Rock Cafe's. Secondly we were in London and I assumed there would be some Beatles memorablila in the restaurant.

• Updated Jun 11, 2003

littlesam1

“"The only thing to do with family skeletons is to take them out of the closet and dance with them."”

Badges & Stats in London