"Cork Ireland - Base for our County Cork Adventure" Cork by littlesam1
Cork Travel Guide: 620 reviews and 1,591 photos
We did not have enough time in the city of Cork to really see it all and enjoy what it has to offer. We spent three days in Cork, but for most of that time we were traveling to other locations in County Cork and not spending a lot of time in the city. We did find time for sight seeing and walking, having a few drinks with our VT buddy Holger, and spending Easter Sunday with him and his lovely wife Anne at their home.
I have two friends in Cork that I met in the early days of VT. We have been friends for almost nine years now. Holger and Anne are two fun loving and wonderful people that I enjoy spending time with. They visited me here in the US several years ago when they were traveling through Washington DC. Mark and I caught up with them in Dublin two years ago. And we met them in their home town of Cork in May of 2011. The only problem I have with them is that I tend to drink a little too much when I am with them. Imagine that! So here is what happens to me when I return from a night on the town with Holger in Cork. Well not really. I was being silly back in our hotel and posed for the photo. But it could have happened.
Its not as big or as busy as Dublin, but Cork is still a fun city to visit. If you aren't careful you might lose track of time and not realize what time it is because you are having too much fun. I think that is what this clock I saw in Cork is all about. Forgetting time and having fun. But that is what most VTers do when they travel.
I always enjoy walking through cities when I travel to see little know memorials that you don't always read about in... more travel advice
There are lots of bars in Cork. But be warned, most of the bars in Cork do not sell food. So find someplace to eat... more travel advice
littlesam1's Related Pages
Cork Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Totally Corked"
- "Cork - The Rebel City"
- "Colourful Corcaigh"
- "First time in Cork - Make A Wish!"
- "Cork ~ Green to Gold"
- "Corcaigh= Cork"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cork
- Hotels in Cork
- Transportation in Cork
- Nightlife in Cork
- Restaurants in Cork
- Shopping in Cork
- Warnings and Dangers in Cork
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cork
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Cork?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cork
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 57 reviews, 144 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue