"Cork Ireland - Base for our County Cork Adventure" Cork by littlesam1

Cork Travel Guide: 620 reviews and 1,585 photos

Not enough time in Cork

We did not have enough time in the city of Cork to really see it all and enjoy what it has to offer. We spent three days in Cork, but for most of that time we were traveling to other locations in County Cork and not spending a lot of time in the city. We did find time for sight seeing and walking, having a few drinks with our VT buddy Holger, and spending Easter Sunday with him and his lovely wife Anne at their home.

What not to do in Cork

I have two friends in Cork that I met in the early days of VT. We have been friends for almost nine years now. Holger and Anne are two fun loving and wonderful people that I enjoy spending time with. They visited me here in the US several years ago when they were traveling through Washington DC. Mark and I caught up with them in Dublin two years ago. And we met them in their home town of Cork in May of 2011. The only problem I have with them is that I tend to drink a little too much when I am with them. Imagine that! So here is what happens to me when I return from a night on the town with Holger in Cork. Well not really. I was being silly back in our hotel and posed for the photo. But it could have happened.

Try to forget time and have fun in Cork

Its not as big or as busy as Dublin, but Cork is still a fun city to visit. If you aren't careful you might lose track of time and not realize what time it is because you are having too much fun. I think that is what this clock I saw in Cork is all about. Forgetting time and having fun. But that is what most VTers do when they travel.

• Last visit to Cork: Apr 2011
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2011

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2011 at 2:38 AM

Looks like you had a great time in Cork. We are planning to visit Ireland next year, your tip on the guesthouse might be useful to us.

• glabah's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Looks like a great place to visit, and of course smaller doesn't necessarily mean less interesting, just less standard touristy stuff many times.

littlesam1

“"The only thing to do with family skeletons is to take them out of the closet and dance with them."”

Badges & Stats in Cork