"Lillehammer - Home to the 1994 Winter Olympics" Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer by littlesam1
Lillehammer Travel Guide: 148 reviews and 349 photos
Lillehammer is a small town of only 6,000 people. Yet it hosted the entire world in 1994 for the Olympics. It is the smallest town to ever host the Olympics. The town lies on the northern end of Lake Mjosa, Norways largest lake.
The train ride to Lillehammer from Olso takes a little less than 2 hours. But 160 km ride seems to fly by as you travel past the beautiful lake and mountain scenery.
During the winter Lillehammer is a ski enthusiasts paradise. Along with the Olympic venues Lillehammer is considered one of the best cross country ski resorts in Norway.
Being a big Olympic enthusiasts Lillehammer was a must see on my tour of Norway. Having the opportunity to see the arena where Nancy Kerrigan faced Tonya Harding on the ice was something I could not pass. I have the official video's from the 1994 Olympics which I watched once more before leaving on my trip knowing I would get to see where it all took place.
I am not sure what this statue is all about. It could be an angry Santa Claus running off with some screaming child. Or... more travel advice
When I travel I have no inhibitions. If there is something to pose with for a picture I am right there. If I can act... more travel advice
littlesam1's Related Pages
Lillehammer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saagar's Lillehammer pages"
- "Lillehammer - Home to the 1994 Winter Olympics"
- "Lillehammer - a 5* Olympic town"
- "It was a nice day then..."
- "Splendid Museum Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lillehammer
- Hotels in Lillehammer
- Transportation in Lillehammer
- Nightlife in Lillehammer
- Restaurants in Lillehammer
- Shopping in Lillehammer
- Warnings and Dangers in Lillehammer
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lillehammer
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Lillehammer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lillehammer
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How do you decide where to go? "
- Commented on one of Saagar's Lillehammer travel pages
- updated a Lillehammer Travel Page "Lillehammer - Home to the 1994 Winter Olympics"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shopping District"
- Wrote a Review Closing thoughts in Lillehammer Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 55 reviews, 141 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (227)
Latest Lillehammer hotel reviews
- Hornsjo Hoyfellshotell
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Birkebeineren Hotel/ Motel & Apartments
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 12, 2013
- Oppland Hotell
- 1 Review & Opinion
- TOP Hotel Molla Lillehammer
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013
- Radisson SAS Lillehammer
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Clarion Collection Hammer
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Rica Victoria Lillehammer
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013