"Littlesam in Lillestrom" Lillestrøm by littlesam1

Lillestrøm Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 17 photos

Lillestrom Norway is not exactly a tourist hot spot. Its a small town located somwhere between the Oslo aiport and downtown Oslo. You are probably asking yourself why I stopped in Lillestrom and took some pictures. The answer is very simple. I was thrown off the train and left in Lillestrom on my way from the airport to Oslo. This is one more story I can add to my list of adventures in traveling.

Arriving in Norway I had with me the directions to the bed and breakfast I was to stay in while in Oslo. The directions were very simple. Take the Flytoget, the express train, from the airport to Central Station in Oslo. This does not sound difficult. However if you get on the wrong train after purchasing your tickets the difficulty soon becomes apparent. The conductor on the train asked the guys in hats for their tickets. We presented our tickets and he just looked at us and shook his head. I am sure he was thinking "Stupid American Tourist". He told us you are not on the express train. This ticket is not good for this train. He then explained to us that we would have to get off of the train at the next stop, purchase a proper ticket, and then catch the next train to Oslo.

I ride on trains almost daily. I take a commuter train to work in Washington DC everyday. I have been robbed on a train in Amsterdam. I have been scolded by the conductor for getting on a train during rush hour when I only had a ticket for late morning in Liverpool. I have shared a train with screaming ice hockey fans in Prague. But I have never been thrown off a train until Lillestrom!

So here we are. Lillestrom Norway.

• Last visit to Lillestrøm: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 25, 2005

• jonkb's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2006 at 5:18 AM

Oops. You didn't have a verry good start visiting the place I grew up did you? The ticket thing is a bit funny, because the train you were on is actually a lot cheaper. It only takes more time to get to Oslo. But really: Lillestrøm is a nice place.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2005 at 10:11 AM

Your adventure reminds me of the time when I was stranded in Warwick when the (last) bus for which I had a return ticket never arrived.

• daarth's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 5:50 AM

Lillestrøm is a nice little place. At least the train stops there lol

littlesam1

“"The only thing to do with family skeletons is to take them out of the closet and dance with them."”

Badges & Stats in Lillestrøm

Have you been to Lillestrøm?

Latest Activity in Lillestrøm