"Malmo" Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö by littlesam1

Malmö Travel Guide: 455 reviews and 989 photos

Once an isolated city on the southern tip of Sweden, Malmo is fast becoming a major multicultural center. With the completion of the Oresund Bridge in the year 2000 connecting Sweden to Denmark, Malmo is now only a 30 minute car or train ride from the center of Copenhagen.

With canals, beaches, and historical sites Malmo makes a wonderful day trip when you visit Copenhagen. Malmo is compact enough that you can walk to most of the major attractions directly from the train station. I spent an afternoon alone walking beside the canals and side streets of Malmo and then returned several days later with the other guy in the hat for a tour of the historical sites and parks.

• Last visit to Malmö: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated May 6, 2005

• paulhanson's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Fascinating page: factual and personal.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Thanks Larry for the virtual tour! We failed to visit Malmo downtown last August: it was raining all the day and we spent the evening in the hotel. Next morning we had to cross the Oresund. May be another time...

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2007 at 1:18 PM

We enjoyed our short visit to Malmo. You have some great stuuf that we did not see. Thanks for sharing. My member pic is from Kuwait City.

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 2:41 PM

I was last there 30 years ago. I remember the trip from Malmo to Copenhagen taking a lot longer that 35 minutes. The meloncholy guy looks like he fell on his nose.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2006 at 4:18 PM

Lovely overview of Malmo. I hope to see the city on a day trip from Copenhagen in June. It's difficult to choose between it and Elsinore.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2005 at 6:15 AM

Great page Larry! The crying statue is called "The Swedish Melancholy" and the lady who made it is married to a very famous and loved actor who is the model she used! He also does lots of comedy actually.

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 4:18 AM

You're very observant, upside down flags and a teary statue. Jeez, I didn't all of these when I was there.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2005 at 11:26 AM

Another very interesting page with great pictures!! Do you remember how much the train to Malmo was?

littlesam1

“"The only thing to do with family skeletons is to take them out of the closet and dance with them."”

Badges & Stats in Malmö