"GIRONA" Top 5 Page for this destination Girona by prunila
Girona Travel Guide: 450 reviews and 1,268 photos
As you probably know -or maybe not still- here we speak mostly Catalan… even if most people understand and speak Spanish perfectly. And it is fantastic. It is a beautiful language.
During Franco's years it was kind of forbidden (not allow to learn in public schools, names changed, etc.) but now we have Catalan TV, catalan news, catalan schools; still many newspapers are in Spanish, when you call a company it is in Spanish, etc. etc.
Catalan is not a dialect it has its own literature. It souns more like portuguese or "veneto" (dilaect of italian spoken in Venezia). If you plan to study here and you speak only Spanish you will find some inconvenients…
[I have written this introduction because everybody asks me about that, specially americans]
As I'm living here is quite easy for me to add things happening.
This adds are difficult to know for VT foreign members who have visited and have good VT pages!
- The tower of Collegiate Church of Sant Feliu is being restored
- You have a new auditorium
- Masó Year
- see more tips at WHAT TO DO
One of the favorite thing to visit in Girona is the jewish quarter - called Call - and the Museum of the History of... more travel advice
20 set 06 · 7 gen 07 Sala Girona de la Fundació La Caixa Rafael Masó i Valentí va ser un dels exponents més destacats... more travel advice
prunila's Related Pages
Girona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval beauty"
- "Girona – medieval splendour of Catalonia"
- "Really worth it!"
- "Girona in Spring"
- "The GIRONA experience!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Girona
- Hotels in Girona
- Transportation in Girona
- Nightlife in Girona
- Restaurants in Girona
- Shopping in Girona
- Warnings and Dangers in Girona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Girona
- 28 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 58 Forum posts
- 73 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Girona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Girona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girona Intro, 28 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cologne Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Geneva Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Bañolas Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- Lausanne Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Bagur Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue