It seem like weather global change is very perceptible in Catalonia, we got the softer winter for years; and this week we already have had 27ºC.
I listened a radio program where they were speaking about the effects of this in the economy. And it makes a real change specially because our habits changes (we stay less at home, more outside). This makes differences with TV programs and publicity (they will sell ice-creams earlier for example).
This affects my life...
- this year we bought less winter cloths, less winter shoes, when I wear my boots my feet melt
- we spend less heat, but more air-conditioning
- we open windows at home every day at least 1 hour at the midday
- we will eat lighter foods, like salads and fruits
- we have flowers much earlier (like mimosa in february!)
- birds arrived and we enjoy them more
If you want to check the weather in Catalonia here you have a good link: