"Spring arrives in February!" prunila's Profile

It seem like weather global change is very perceptible in Catalonia, we got the softer winter for years; and this week we already have had 27ºC.

I listened a radio program where they were speaking about the effects of this in the economy. And it makes a real change specially because our habits changes (we stay less at home, more outside). This makes differences with TV programs and publicity (they will sell ice-creams earlier for example).

This affects my life...
- this year we bought less winter cloths, less winter shoes, when I wear my boots my feet melt
- we spend less heat, but more air-conditioning
- we open windows at home every day at least 1 hour at the midday
- we will eat lighter foods, like salads and fruits
- we have flowers much earlier (like mimosa in february!)
- birds arrived and we enjoy them more

If you want to check the weather in Catalonia here you have a good link:

Another type of travel

Since January 06 I've started another kind of trip; a kind of travel "in" myself to recover my health.
This is the most important travel I have done and it is not always funny but you discover a lot of hidden things about life, the human beens and God. As a result of my treatment this is how I look now, very different but really I don't mind, I have already accepted my new image.

Next picture shows a friend -of our mexican friend Carlos- and I visiting the old town with us summer 06.

I'm a Spanish-Swiss girl living in Catalonia. Since child I have been traveling around Europe with my parents and speaking five languages quite easily. I have been working as interior designer mainly and mostly traveling in August, some weekends,and also for my job.

Sometimes I write some interesting information for travelers and I wish that you will like all my personal advises and photos!!! I'm not one of this VT who spend hours with the computer, I prefer to interact with travelers and to meet travelers. Thats why I belong to different organizations like Servas, Hospitality Club and "Route des Sel".

The idea of sharing tips is very good and if you find mistakes in any of my tips please advise me. And as I enjoy so much traveling feel free to write me if you have interest in my region or any of my favourite countries. I promise to answer!

VT travellers I have met:
Colin, from Glasgow
Mehul5, from London(10.07.03)
Mandrakina, from Bcn living in London (5.07.03)
Horscheck, from Germany
Alberrrt, from Bcn, living in Girona

Other prefered VT members
JeanLui (we are living together!)
Yacuv, from Switzerland living in Bcn (they visited us 5.07.03)

LAST TRAVEL:

Pyrenees, Vall de Nuria and Ribes de Freser (Easter 2006)
Cologne, GERMANY (January 2006)
Locarno, Ticino, SWITZERLAND (autumn 2005)
Valencia, September 2005
Sicily, summer 2005
Geneva, May 2005
Milan, April 2005
Cologne, January 2005

Geneva and Lausanne, SWITZERLAND, for the birth of my nephew

FRANCE, in October 2003
I visited BORDEAUX, to meet Sel Gabare.

SPAIN -> VALENCIA
weekend + work trip, September 2003

21 June GENEVA and LAUSANNE (CH) 2003

etc. etc.!
See you soon in the web!!!

2006: Our last trip destination was … FRANCE!!!

We spent the long weekend (3 days) visiting some Cathar castles, visiting CUCUGNAN, Mirepoix, CARCASSONE, PERPIGNAN, … (it is only 1'30 h drive from my town, Girona, in Catalonia, Spain).

check http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/340e5/1ef2b/

Occitania - Lenga d'Oc

When we stayed at Villelonge d'Aude we were at a party. We were very surprised to see that some men were singing in Occitan. It is the first time I was listening songs in this language and I only understood a few words… Learn more about it at: http://www.cardabelle.fr/occitan-manifestation-car

Summer 2005 in Sicilia

We spent 3 weeks there and we really liked meeting some SERVAS and HOSPITALITYCLUB people!
THANKS FOR A WONDERFUL TIME WITH YOU!!!!
In the picture entrance at the house of Laura, one of our servas hosts in Palermo.

Some travel readings I loved:

A House in Sicily
Daphne Phelps

An old-fashioned memoir of life at Casa Cuseni, the pension and garden in Taormina run by the indomitable Daphne Phelps, which has been a sanctuary for Tennessee Williams, Betrand Russell and other guests, famous and infamous, since 1947.
TRAVEL NARRATIVE, 1999, PAPER, 224 pages

The Artic
travel guide
Lonely Planet, Deanna Swaney ý 1999 ý 456 pages

Atrapados en el hielo
History of expedition of the Endurance to the Antartida in 1914.
Caroline Alexander, Editorial Planeta, 1998

• Intro Updated Feb 19, 2007

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Happy birthday, Alicia!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Ali, happy birthday, but unfortunately it looks like you are not logging in here that much these days. So see you on facebook. :-)

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2010 at 5:28 AM

Oh, Alicia, you have not been online for over a year now - I hope all is well and that you celebrate your birthday in good health!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Hi Alicia! Happy Birthday and Happy New Year 2010! You are very, very welcome for Euromeet 2010 in Krakow, Poland (28-30 May, 2010)! Details and links on my homepage. Please, think over it! We need you in Krakow! Smiles from both matcrazies ---> :-)))

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2008 at 9:20 AM

What a lovely home page you have. I found it because my daughter will be in Bañolas this year. I hope your journey continues well. Best wishes from Wales.

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Happy Birthday! May you have a long life full of great travels.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Happy Birthday from sunny California!

• Jan 2, 2008 at 9:57 AM

Happy birthday and Happy new year 2008! Nikos from Greece and Emmy from Thailand

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Muy feliz cumpleaños y tambien que tengas un feliz 2008 lleno de salud! :) Saludos desde Mexico

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Happy Birthday and a happier New Year !

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
prunila's Profile Photo

prunila

“If you drink Jack Daniels, when you die you go to Tenessee”

Real Name