Amsterdam Tourist Trap Tips by BlueBerry_7
Amsterdam Tourist Traps: 200 reviews and 124 photos
Planet Hollywood Clogs
Planet Hollywood is an aweful establishment in Amsterdam. This place needs some serious management problems, the service is soo bad it is unbelieveable, not to mention the food.
Unique Suggestions: Just go to the souviner shop and avoid the restuarant at all costs.
Fun Alternatives: Hard Rock Cafe, excellent staff and serice. The food aint too bad either:))
The Grasshopper Coffeeshop
The Grasshopper Coffeeshops
Unique Suggestions: This place sells high priced weed that is not cured properly and the staff are rude to deal with. The one directly out from Central Station is the worst, avoid at all costs!
Fun Alternatives: Go right down the street to the De Kuil and get great, perfectly cured weed at resonable prices. The staff are terrific, friendly ,and helpful.
A rip off restuarant right on Damrak that entices people in the door. Beware! It is real bad, the food, the service, and even the prices. Don't go there!!
Fun Alternatives: Close by is Rancho, much better value with good service and food.
All Bulldog Coffeeshops are a ripoff on weed. Don't go there to buy weed/hash or to hang out unless you are into the college crowd scene. Mainly young people tend to frequent the place or unsuspecting tourists who does not know any better!
Fun Alternatives: Damkring or the Noon coffeeshops, also De kuil, all great places.
More Reviews (169)
- See All Amnesia Coffeeshop
- See All Peppinos
- See All Frederic Rental Bike
- See All Rent a Bike
- See All Botel
- See All Police Station
BlueBerry_7's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 173 Reviews
- 280 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 80 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pleasures in Paradise Daily Reports ~ Trip 3"
- Wrote a Review Amnesia Coffeeshop in Amsterdam Nightlife
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "RE: too early but got me anxious!"
- Commented on one of Rob1967's Amsterdam travel pages
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (280)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 173 reviews, 280 photos, 5 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- North Carolina Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Carolina Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zandvoort Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Dordrecht Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Montana Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (41)
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 147 Reviews, 167 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 195 Reviews, 316 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Dam Square- 91 Reviews, 168 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 214 Reviews, 361 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 168 Reviews, 178 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 69 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Coffee(Cannabis)shops- 125 Reviews, 136 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do