Amsterdam Off The Beaten Path Tips by BlueBerry_7
Amsterdam Off The Beaten Path: 526 reviews and 772 photos
Willie Wortel Indica
Near the Grote Market, the Indica coffeeshop has a great view of the beautiful windmill in town. It is also right on a canal which makes it very gazellig.
Inside the Yanks Coffeeshop we sat at a real Indian Tee Pee, it was very cool.
Yanks Coffeeshop, Zandvoort
Yanks is a very nice and spacious coffeeshop. There is a gameroom, downstairs and lots of additional tables upstairs. On the ground floor the tables have teepees over them which is real cool, the whole place is an Indian theme. Also there is a bar area where they serve alcohol and lots of outside tables which is nice to enjoy, weather permitting of course.
Located right on the beach in Zandvoort, the Holland Casino is the place to be if you like gambling.
This is one of only 10 legal casinos in Holland, with roulette, blackjack, and more. The dress code here is "correct" (collar and tie for men), and the minimum age is 18. You'll need your passport to get in. Casino Zandvoort opens daily from 1:30pm to 2am. Entry costs Dfl 6 ($3).
Other Contact: Badhuisplein 7
Phone: (tel. 023/571-8044),
Beach in Zanvoort
The North Sea. When the weather is warm there are hundreds of bars and restuarants along the beach, not to mention lots and lots of people. And some in their birthday suits!
Global Hemp Museum
The Global Hemp Museum in Haarlem is a very nice and interesting place with all the information available on the wonderful cannabis plant. There is even a few plants growing inside and although they don't sell weed or hash you can certainly smoke your own while visiting the museum if you like.
Willie Wortel Sativa
Right at the Haarlem station, the Sativa is the most convenient coffeeshop to hit after getting off the train. This place stays very busy due to the location, so don't be surprised to see a line out the door!!
As the name indicates, they specialize in sativa strains so you can find the authentic Thai Sticks here.
Marcel shows his stuff
Also the best coffeeshops are in Haarlem, the three Willie Wortel's Coffeeshops owned by Nol are the one's to go to. Great prices, great weed, great people!
Here is Marcel, manager of the Sinsemilla, showing his stuff. He is very proud of all his merchandise!
Nol Van Schaik
Haarlem, just a short train ride away, quaintly beautiful little town, that most people overlook when traveling to Holland. Full of restuarants, shopping, and cultural history, Haarlem is well worth a day trip, or two.
This is my location of choice for accommodation, mainly because of the more laid back atmosphere and it is cheaper!
Nol in front of the former location of Willie Wortel Workshp. Now newly renamed Willie Wortel Sinsemilla Coffeeshop and relocated to the Houtplien, with all the same neon signs
More Reviews (164)
- See All Amnesia Coffeeshop
- See All Peppinos
- See All Frederic Rental Bike
- See All Rent a Bike
- See All Botel
- See All Police Station
BlueBerry_7's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 173 Reviews
- 280 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 80 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pleasures in Paradise Daily Reports ~ Trip 3"
- Wrote a Review Amnesia Coffeeshop in Amsterdam Nightlife
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "RE: too early but got me anxious!"
- Commented on one of Rob1967's Amsterdam travel pages
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (280)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 173 reviews, 280 photos, 5 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- North Carolina Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Carolina Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zandvoort Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Dordrecht Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (41)
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 145 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 192 Reviews, 314 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 68 Reviews, 105 Photos
- Dam Square- 90 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 213 Reviews, 359 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 168 Reviews, 178 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Coffee(Cannabis)shops- 124 Reviews, 134 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do