Amsterdam Favorite Tips by BlueBerry_7
Amsterdam Favorites: 965 reviews and 1,072 photos
Favorite thing: This is the Police Station just across from the Homegrown Fantasy coffeeshop.
Fondest memory: I took it from inside while sitting at the open window smoking a nice cone! Ahhh, life is so great here, the feeling of such freedom is incredible.
Favorite thing: Look for green, all the public phones are green and blue.
Fondest memory: They will only take a prepaid phone card which you buy all over town relatively cheap, 5 or 10 euros depending on how many minutes you need
Dutch Police on motorcycles
Favorite thing: Ahh Dutch Police seem to have a casual job, at least most I have seen.
Fondest memory: I have seen them on horses just trotting around, on bikes cruisin', on motorcycles just chilling and talkin', and a few in cars but not many.
Favorite thing: Look for this sign when searching for an ATM or Geldautomaat in Dutch.
All machines have English options are very easy and convenient to use.
Fondest memory: There are ATMs all over town, but one of my favorite places is located on the Rembrandtplien. It is a large room with about 5 or 6 machines, very private and safe.
This photo was taken at that ATM.
Favorite thing: Always look for Red.
Place any mail going OUTSIDE of Holland in the left slot (you facing box) and the local mail in right-hand side.
Fondest memory: There are many locations through out town, some I know are:
Centraal Station has 4 outside the front entrance to the right.
There is one on Oude Brugsteeg, it is up against a wall and it faces centraal station.
Another one is located just outside of the Grasshopper on Nzv Burgwal.
Also on the Single between the Siberie and the Grey Area coffeeshops:))
Favorite thing: Bank to look for while in Holland, there will always be an ATM conveniently at these banks also.
Fondest memory: This bank is located at DAM Square
Any Day Coffeeshop
Favorite thing: Not a very big place but the dealers here are so nice and helpful, especially Igor, who is also very cute and nice to look at:)) They have one table outside and I believe and upstairs but I never ventured that far and didnt see anyone else do so either so I am not sure, it may only be the toilets up there!
Fondest memory: This place had the best stuff I smoked this trip, that being the Stella Blue bud, WOW is all I can say. This is some real kick @$$ stuff without a doubt the strongest this trip and I smoked a lot of different strains. Top Notch Killer Weed, a must try for any connoiseur!
Favorite thing: Nice roomy place with three long couches lining the walls, a great vibe, and friendly atmosphere. I really like this place and I plan to return on my next visit to mecca:))
Fondest memory: Awesome deal on hash, I got 5 grams of excellent quality Honey Maroc for only 30 euros.
Favorite thing: Nice laid back atmosphere with friendly staff. There is a cool pinball machine and they have internet access.
The shop offers a large selection of marijuana and hash at low prices. The stuff is weighed in front of you, so any amount is available. The pick-your-own-buds plan when buying bigger amounts is extra cool.
Fondest memory: The Siberien Tiger
Brouwersgracht 11, 623-5909.
Open Sun.-Thur 11 AM-11 PM; Fri.-Sat 11 AM-midnight
Web site: www.siberie.nl
Some interesting information from the Website:
The founding members of Siberie have their roots in one of Amsterdam's first Coffeeshops, Rusland which dates from the early 1970's. Coffeeshop Siberie was established on the beautiful Brouwersgracht in 1984. Compared to the year 2002, in the early 80's there were very few coffeeshops in Amsterdam. But since then however the Siberie has grown and continued to flourish. From its genesis, the coffeeshop has catered both to local people and tourists alike to provide a welcoming atmosphere.
Siberie has always had a policy of supplying a varied menu of hash and marijuana at very reasonable prices. Many customers, both local and foreign, have continued to return to Coffeshop Siberie for the past 18 years because of the reliably high quality of a connoisseurs product. Siberie has also participated for many years in the Cannabis Cup, winning one gold cup and two bronze medals. All of this is why Coffeeshop Siberie has earned a worldwide reputation as one the coolest coffeeshops in Amsterdam.
The coffeeshop is open 365 days per year,and providing helpful and friendly service
Favorite thing: There are ATMs all over the city and in the Central Station, also the airport, and most accept all major credit cards. I used them exclusively to get cash and had no problems at all, except maybe long lines at some of them - especailly in the Central Station!
Just make sure you know your pin number and how much you can withdraw:))
Fondest memory: This is THE best way to get the most out of your money conversion rate when getting cash out of your account. Also using a credit card to pay for things will give you the best conversion rate too.
More Reviews (143)
- See All Amnesia Coffeeshop
- See All Peppinos
- See All Frederic Rental Bike
- See All Rent a Bike
- See All Botel
- See All Grasshopper
BlueBerry_7's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 173 Reviews
- 280 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 80 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pleasures in Paradise Daily Reports ~ Trip 3"
- Wrote a Review Amnesia Coffeeshop in Amsterdam Nightlife
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "RE: too early but got me anxious!"
- Commented on one of Rob1967's Amsterdam travel pages
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (280)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 173 reviews, 280 photos, 5 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- North Carolina Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Carolina Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zandvoort Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Dordrecht Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (41)
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 144 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 189 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 210 Reviews, 350 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 166 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 66 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Dam Square- 89 Reviews, 164 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do