"smike's Dublin Page" Dublin by smike
Dublin Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 11 photos
Share in the Spirit of the Dublin Irish Festival it is celebrated in the grandest Dublin-style. See and hear an impressive line-up of internationally acclaimed entertainers performing on six stages. Shop their marketplace and Emerald Isle for everything from souvenir t-shirts to the finest Irish linen and lace. Explore cultural exhibits and experience the history and traditions of Ireland. Sample authentic Irish dishes and drinks. Enjoy crafts and activities designed for the wee folk. Discover the magic that keeps people returning to Dublin, Ohio's Irish Festival year after year.
Coffman Park, 5600 Post Road, Dublin, Ohio 43017
One Mile From Interstate 270, Exit 17A
Event 2002 Dublin Irish Festival
Dates Fri., Aug. 2 - Sun., Aug. 4, 2002
Location Dublin's Coffman Park
Attendance An expected 80,000 consumers over three days
· Six stages featuring Irish music and dance
· Cultural area - exhibits, workshops, theater performances and storytelling
· Irish Marketplace featuring gift items from the Emerald Isle
· Food with Traditional Irish and festival favorites
· Extensive Wee Folk Area with multiple entertainment venues
· Sports Bar including dart workshops and competitions
· Teen Zone area geared toward guests age 12-17
· Dublin Irish Festival 5K Run
Irish Food & Spirits
At the Annual Dublin Irish Festival, everybody's Irish and everybody's hungry! Enjoy delicious Irish stew, scones, potatoes and much more. Festival favorites include burgers, brats, lemon shakes, roasted corn and barbecue chicken. Some of Central Ohio's best restaurants will be on hand. Enjoy a beverage at the pubs, wine taverns and cafe's featuring Killians Irish Red, wines, Irish whiskey and coffee.
Browse and shop for unique gift items, jewelry, sportswear and more from a diverse selection of Marketplace vendors, located near the west entrance to the Festival.
Step Dance Performances
Get on your feet with Festival favorites. Learn to dance a jig in the Ceili tent.
The Twenty-Second Annual Columbus Feis will be held in Dublin August 3, 2002.
Wee Folk Area
The Wee Folk Area has long been a favorite part of the Festival. This year there will be opportunities to learn to play Irish musical instruments, take step-dancing lessons and enjoy other activities geared toward the Festival's youngest visitors.
The Wee Folk Fun Stage will offer traditional Celtic performers, while the Kids' Classic Celtic Stage will be home to more interactive entertainers.
Discover Irish culture with hands-on Cultural Workshops or visit the Spoken Word Tent to enjoy poetry, storytelling and more.
· Spoken Word Tent
· Cultural Workshop Tent
Discover the intricately crafted instruments that give Celtic music its appeal. Instruments on exhibit include bodhrans (Irish drums), uillean pipes, harps, pennywhistles, fiddles, bouzoukis, mandolins, guitars and banjos.
smike's Related Pages
Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dublin, the Emerald City"
- "The Business Traveller in Dublin, OH"
- "A Little Irish in Ohio"
- "smike's Dublin Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dublin
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Dublin?Share Your Travels
Top 10 Pages
- Jamestown Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Charlotte Amalie Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Nassau Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Barbados Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Castle Rock Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Cincinnati Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kissimmee Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Provincetown Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Boston Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Chatham Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
No friends yet.