"The Gorge" George by TashieKitten
George Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 27 photos
The only real draw to George for those of us who don't live there is the Gorge Amphitheater (and there's a certain personality who would love to live in the area, who would fit right in and say, wow, this is living! Where do I sign up with the NRA?)
The Gorge was created by the flow of the Columbia River (hence its full name, the Columbia River Gorge Amphitheater, as its referred to by its mother when it's in trouble.) But just "the gorge" to everyone else.
In its role as an amphitheater it is host to many concerts and most famously (besides the nine thousand times Dave Mathews has played there) the Sasquatch Music Festival, held over Memorial Day weekend.
There's a bunch of farm land around the amphitheater and not much else. Honestly, I find the area a little depressing, juxtaposed with its awesome beauty.
Oh, and the area is high desert so be sure to drink lots of water.
- Pros:fab venue in the middle of nowhere
- Cons:unreliable weather
George is in what's called the "high desert." That does not mean it's coked out or on meth or even just a little bit... more travel advice
TashieKitten's Related Pages
George Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sasquatch Festival - The Gorge"
- "The Gang at the Gorge in George, WA"
- "The Gorge"
- "George, Washington"
- "The Gorge at George"
- "Gorge at George what else is there"
- "Is George"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in George
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to George?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in George
Top 10 Pages
- Portland Intro, 46 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fiji Intro, 16 reviews, 6 photos
- Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Oregon Intro, 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Nehalem Bay State Park Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Aloha Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- United States of America Intro, 8 reviews
- Hollywood Intro, 7 reviews
- Magnetic Island Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- George Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos