"May we meet only smiling faces . . ." TashieKitten's Profile
I have finally graduated from Portland State University!! Now I can dedicate some time to my neglected pages. But I still need a digital camera. I want to make my pages rock as much as possible and right now, most are lackluster.
I want to have a picture of every restaurant and every store I mention. That is my goal. And important things too, like Portland's weird parking meters and Benson Bubblers (which are our drinking fountains that continuously bubble forth).
And once I have said camera, I shall take pictures galore and hopefully, travel more! I'm thinking I'll start locally with Portland and move out from there, around the fine state of Oregon then? Who knows?
There are few places in the world I wouldn't want to go. I'd probably skip Antartica with the below freezing temps and the prohibitive cost of travelling there.
Where would I go then? Everywhere else! I love to scuba dive and don't do it nearly often enough. We usually dive in the Puget Sound and that is a few hours away. Also, we only have wet suits and though the water is a pretty constant 50F, the air temps when one exits the water can make it so you don't want to get back in, no matter how magical the previous dive was. But because I'm used to this "cold" water diving, wamer climes make me feel spoiled and I just love getting into water that's 80F with nothing but a shorty 5ml wet suit on.
I also love history. So much so I majored in it at Portland State. I didn't specialize in any one region but looked mostly at Europe and the Middle East. So if I can go somewhere and learn about the people there or the people who were there before I'm pretty happy.
So, until I can get myself around this fine state, have a fabulous day, friends!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 136 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- TashieKitten and matcrazy1 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Portland Forum "Re: Accommodations near the..."
- Wrote a Review High Desert in George Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "High Desert"
- updated a George Travel Page "The Gorge"
- Commented on one of 850prc's Australia travel pages
updated their Profile Page "May we meet only smiling faces . . ."
Top 10 Pages
- Portland Intro, 46 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fiji Intro, 16 reviews, 6 photos
- Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Oregon Intro, 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Nehalem Bay State Park Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Aloha Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- United States of America Intro, 8 reviews
- Hollywood Intro, 7 reviews
- Magnetic Island Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- George Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos