"A STEP BACK IN TIME" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape May by starship
Cape May Travel Guide: 288 reviews and 490 photos
At the end of December, 2007, we made a day trip to Cape May where we had lunch at our favorite place, visited the annual "Designer Showcase House" and generally had a ride around town. There was much more to do during the Christmas season, but time did not permit it. Unfortunately most of my pictures I took that day did not turn out well, but I have tried to add some.
To me, Cape May is beautiful no matter what time of year it is, but in Summer this little town seems to burst forth in spectacular splendor! Cape May is one of my favorite places, not only in New Jersey but in the world! Cape May combines many of the things I love the most all in one place. It has the most beautiful seaside location with a lovely beach, fabulously preserved Victorian architecture, shady streets filled with restaurants and shops, bicycles and a colorful parade of people carrying their belongings to the edge of the ocean where they will spend the rest of the day. If I could, this is the place I would spend my summers.
Unfortunately, I am not the only person to be smitten by Cape May's beauty. I would love to have a summer home here but Cape May's charm can now be afforded only by the very wealthy.
~ July 4th, 2005 ~ A Picture Perfect Day in Cape May!
Visited my favorite place, Cape May, on July 4th! If possible, Cape May was more beautiful than ever!! Tourists were happily strolling or riding bicycles all around town. Colorful beach umbrellas dotted the wide, white sand beach as the surf lapped close to childrens' sandcastles, and an array of beach blankets. Sidewalk cafes were full of those enjoying their meals alfresco. The shade of old and stately trees did not diminish the beauty of the pastel-painted, Victorian homes or Bed & Breakfasts lining the narrow streets. Gardens were brimming with flowers of every color, but the gardens and fountain of the MAINSTAY INN were particularly beautiful and complimented the radiant yellow-hued bed & breakfast itself!! Many of those lucky enough to be guests took advantage of the perfect nooks for reading or just relaxing on the grand porches of these magnificent Victorians. Flags waved and red, white & blue buntings were tastefully draped from balconies, porches and fences in recognition of the Fourth of July!!
- Pros:History, Victorian Architecture, Fabulous Beach, Abundant Charm
- Cons:Parking is almost impossible!
- In a nutshell:Victorian Paradise on the Atlantic Ocean!
One of the most delightful stores to visit on the Washington Street Mall is Fralinger's Candy Shop. Stepping through the... more travel advice
On our last day trip to Cape May, I finally got to visit the recently restored "Congress Hall" hotel. Unlike any other... more travel advice
starship's Related Pages
Cape May Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VICTORIAN CAPE MAY"
- "A week by the sea"
- "A STEP BACK IN TIME"
- "Welcome to Cape May NJ"
- "The town of no milkshakes!"
- "A Touch of Elegance"
- "SURFIN7TH's new Cape May Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape May
- Hotels in Cape May
- Transportation in Cape May
- Nightlife in Cape May
- Restaurants in Cape May
- Shopping in Cape May
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape May
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape May
- 23 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Cape May?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape May
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: I won a 2nd price"
- Commented on one of starship's Cape May tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Saltwater Taffy ~ A New Jersey Shore Tradition"
- Wrote a Review Saltwater Taffy ~ A New Jersey Shore Tradition in Cape May Shopping
- updated a Cape May Travel Page "A STEP BACK IN TIME"
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 33 reviews, 141 photos, 1 travelogue
- Costa Rica Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 20 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State College Intro, 27 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 31 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos
- Venice Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Virginia Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos