Orlando Nightlife Tips by starship Top 5 Page for this destination
Orlando Nightlife: 149 reviews and 118 photos
Mickey Thomas & "Starship"
Disney World's parks are always open in the evenings but the hours are shortened somewhat in the fall, winter and early spring. Evening hours in the parks are some of the most special and all the rides, shops and restaurant are still buzzing with activity and alive people who come just to see parades, fireworks and special performances.
One of the things I like to do most is check out to see who's performing in the America Gardens Theater by the lake at the American Pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase situated right on the lake but almost all the way around. It's a great open air venue which can hold over a thousand people. There are great views of the stage from virtually every seat and trees lit by twinkly lights are scattered throughout the seating area making the experience even more exciting somehow.
When we were visiting in October, 2006, several bands were playing 3 day gigs, 3 shows per evening ranging about 45 minutes long. Of course I was very interested in going to see "STARSHIP", the latest evolution of the band "Jefferson Airplane" (aka, Jefferson Starship). They had some great hits in the past and some of their newer music is appealing too, but what makes it special to me is watching the bands live. I saw STARSHIP two nights in a row at the theater and it was a great two nights! They sang/played such crowd pleasers as "Sarah, " We Built This City," "Jane," and "Somebody to Love."
The crowd (OK, it was mostly baby boomers) really got into the spirit of things as did Mickey Thomas from the original "Jefferson Airplane" and the rest of the band, especially the bassist, Jeff Adams; Mark Abrahamian, lead guitar; Phil Bennet, Keyboard; Darrell Verdusco, drums all added vocals.
Dress Code: All performances in the Theater require no extra charge, just admission to the park itself. Go to one, two or all three performances each evening if it is a peformer you like! Performers usually stay for at least a couple of nights, but not always. If you visit Disney World for a few days or more you could potentially see several performers.
No special dress required, but in late fall, winter & early spring you will probably need a jacket or sweater for the evenings.
Directions: America Gardens Theater by the Shore in Epcot's World Showcase ~ Walt Disney World
More Reviews (30)
starship's Related Pages
Orlando Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
- "orlando florida"
- "take it from a local..."
- ""When You Wish Upon a Star.....""
- "Orlando, Florida"
- "Disney and Universal Studios"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orlando
- Hotels in Orlando
- Transportation in Orlando
- Nightlife in Orlando
- Restaurants in Orlando
- Shopping in Orlando
- Warnings and Dangers in Orlando
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orlando
- 31 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Orlando?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orlando
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 32 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Costa Rica Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 20 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State College Intro, 28 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lima Intro, 19 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 31 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virginia Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos
- Tucson Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (78)
- Universal Studios- 125 Reviews, 145 Photos
- Walt Disney World- 170 Reviews, 225 Photos
- Sea World- 64 Reviews, 99 Photos
- Walt Disney World - Epcot- 145 Reviews, 211 Photos
- Kennedy Space Centre- 33 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Walt Disney World - MGM Studios - CLOSED- 22 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom- 76 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Gatorland- 21 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Universal Studios - Islands of Adventure- 28 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom- 51 Reviews, 99 Photos
See All Orlando Things to Do