Scottsdale Hotel Tips by starship Top 5 Page for this destination
Scottsdale Hotels: 31,201 reviews and 82 photos
Main Pool Area at Night
Formerly known simply as the Scottsdale Princess, this hotel provided us with possibly one of the best family vacations we ever had! On our first trip to Arizona, we booked the Princess' "bed & breakfast" package for a week in July. It was our first experience with 114F temperature ("but it's a dry heat!") but the hotel made it more than livable. The Scottsdale Princess was literally a desert oasis: palm trees, gardens, three shimmering pools, lovely restaurants and the most wonderful rooms we'd ever stayed in probably to this day.
Because our room was not ready when we arrived, we were asked to stay one night in a particular room (which was great; see pictures), and then we were given a "Casita" for the rest of our weeklong stay--no extra charge. The Casita, like a small apartment, had a living and dining area with fireplace, a large bedroom with 2 queen-size beds, and the most fantastic bathroom with a spiral walk-in shower and jacuzzi tub too! Nightly turn-down service provided special notecards and chocolates. A private little patio was especially pleasant in the late afternoon and evening for capturing the little breezes wafting by and enjoying the sounds of nightfall. A walk around the beautifully landscaped grounds in evening was also a wonderful end to the day. Nightcap? There was a lovely bar with an African-themed decor and somehow especially suited to winding down.
The Scottsdale Princess had several dining venues right on the property (such as Las Ventanas), but it appears the names have since been changed. Since we had the B&B package, we were given a fantastic breakfast every morning at Las Ventanas, but also had the option to take breakfast at "The Grill" which was located in the grand golf club with tables overlooking the PGA championship course. The hotel shuttle provided transportation to that restaurant on your request. (Unfortunately we never saw the resident coyote which was said to visit the golf course on most mornings!!)
The Princess had a spa on the property as well as a row of upscale shops for the ladies. The hotel also provided complimentary shuttle transporation to visit Frank Lloyd Wright's TALIESIN WEST, his Winter home and architectural school.
Unique Qualities: One of the most memorable features of the Scottsdale Princess was the "Dive-In" movies in the evening held at the largest, main pool. A movie screen was unfurled at the far end of the pool, and the hotel provided pool floats for adults and children --- you could float in the warm pool water or settle into one of the lounge chairs and enjoy the movie!! Both children and adults just had a fantastic time! (Now Princess cruiseline does this onboard some of its ships!) There are also daily programs for children and teenagers which are complimentary for overnight guests. Registration is required.
While it was genuinely difficult to leave the luxurious hotel and grounds at any time, there was so much to do in the surrounding area and within driving distance. The combination of the physical attraction of the hotel, great service, activites & amentities makes this hotel one of the best I've ever stayed in. Booking a package may be more economical if staying for several days. Check online and by phone for the best deals which may vary by season.
Address: 7575 East Princess Drive Scottsdale Az 85255, Un
Price Comparison: most expensive
Price: US$180 and up
More Reviews (7)
starship's Related Pages
Scottsdale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "High End in the MIddle of the metro region"
- "Jumping Around Scottsdale!"
- "Scottsdale, Arizona"
- "Scottsdale Has Grown Beyond Belief"
- "susie margaret and scottsdale, arizona, USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scottsdale
- Hotels in Scottsdale
- Transportation in Scottsdale
- Nightlife in Scottsdale
- Restaurants in Scottsdale
- Shopping in Scottsdale
- Warnings and Dangers in Scottsdale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scottsdale
- 8 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Scottsdale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scottsdale
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Need Topic Ideas!"
- Commented on one of starship's Scottsdale travel pages
- updated a Scottsdale Travel Page "Scottsdale, Arizona"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Apache Trail ~ A Rugged Experience"
- Wrote a Review The Apache Trail ~ A Rugged Experience in Scottsdale Off The Beaten Path
Photos in ScottsdaleSee All Photos (31)
Read real reviews about Scottsdale Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 32 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Costa Rica Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 20 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State College Intro, 30 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lima Intro, 20 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 31 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belfast Intro, 13 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virginia Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos
- Tucson Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues