"**...SABAH...**" State of Sabah by Xinta
State of Sabah Travel Guide: 2,673 reviews and 6,775 photos
Sabah, located at the north-eastern corner of Borneo, covers the top portion of Borneo island. Many people get to know Sabah because of it's famous Mount Kinabalu - the highest in Southeast Asia, and it's famous Sipadan island - known as the divers' paradise. Its capital is Kota Kinabalu and usually known as KK in short. Sabah is a unique land, just like the state of Sarawak, it consists of a diversify groups of indigenous people and immigrant. Amongst them are Kadazans, Muruts, Bajaus, Kedayans, Sulu, Bisaya, Rumanau, Minokok and Rungus. During the olden days, Sabah was named “Land Below The Wind” because it lies below the typhoon belt and is free from any climatic disturbances. It has a tropical climate and considered very pleasant. The wet season usually falls between November and February but depending on the locality. Sabah still covers with a big portion of virgin forests. In safeguarding its forest heritage, state parks and wildlife reserves have been set aside to provide sanctuaries for near-extinct wildlife, such as the Orang Utans. Sabah is indeed a great place for outdoor activities for those adventurous and energetic people!
**...I LOVE COLLECTING POSTCARDS AND STAMPS. IF ANY ONE OF YOU SHARE SIMILAR INTEREST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'LL BE MOST HAPPY TO TRADE IT WITH YOU!...**
- Pros:Food, nature, wildlife, sun, sea, pub, adventure!
Pulau Manukan is a lovely island. It offers long stretched of white sandy beach, with beautiful coral reefs and fishes.... more travel advice
About 15 mins drive from East Coast town of Sandakan, is the world’s largest Orang Utan (‘Wild Man of Borneo’)... more travel advice
Xinta's Related Pages
State of Sabah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A wonderful time on Sabah"
- "Up the AWESOME Mountains, Down the GLORIOUS Ocean"
- "Sabah - Malaysian Borneo"
- "SABAH - Land of SO MUCH EXPLORATION :)"
- "Spirited Sabah"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Sabah
- Hotels in State of Sabah
- Transportation in State of Sabah
- Nightlife in State of Sabah
- Restaurants in State of Sabah
- Shopping in State of Sabah
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Sabah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Sabah
- 10 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to State of Sabah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Sabah
Photos in State of SabahSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuching Intro, 34 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wicklow Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amersfoort Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Keukenhof Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bako National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue