"**...KNOCK, COUNTY MAYO...**" Knock by Xinta

Knock Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 39 photos

Knock forms part of County Mayo on the West Coast of Ireland and it is easy to access this part of Ireland by car or by plane. However, we chose to travel by car, as we had already rented one. ;-) Knock is actually a small, lovely, quiet town with only a handful of people living here, but not anymore. Since the miraculous apparition in 21 August 1879, Knock town has turned into a lively and mystical town.

Before I went over, I heard and read quite a lot about it and since then, I tried to make it a point to come here, if I visit Ireland, which I did. And also to meet up with Father Noel. I knew him ever since he served in our churches in Kuching, and now went back to Ireland to help and assist in the pilgrimage. We were lucky enough that Father Noel showed us around the Shrine Grounds. It was really nice of him to do that. We learned that this miraculous occurance has brought in an estimated figure of one and a half million pilgrims to this place every year. Now, it has become an internationally recognised Marian Shrine. Many pilgrims from all over the world will come here to be with other praying people at a Shrine to get a unique chance to stand back from life and let God throws light on its bits and pieces. It's a very interesting experience to achieve peace of mind, heart, and soul at this very serene and holy ground.

• Pros:A place where you can seek peace and tranquility!
  • Cons:Limited things to do there...
  • In a nutshell:A place that offer you more than you expected!
  • Last visit to Knock: May 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 2, 2003

Xinta

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail...”

Badges & Stats in Knock