"**...SIBU...**" Top 5 Page for this destination Sibu by Xinta

Sibu Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 140 photos

It was my first visit to Sibu. Well, sort of. Anyway, the main intention that brought me here was my cousin's wedding. I must say that it was a very beautiful and grand wedding. :-) Hmmm...I kinda diverted to some other things. ;-) Okai back to Sibu again. I was there for only three days coz of my work. It's a pity that it was a short stay and I didn't get to explore more places and to see more things. However, I do plan to go back there again soon. :-)

Anyway, here's a brief info on Sibu. Did you know that Sibu is the second largest city in Sarawak, which is situated 60Km upstream from the sea? Well it is! Even though it's the second largest, I must admit that it is a small but very busy city. Sibu is actually the main gateway to the numerous riverine towns and villages along the Rejang/Igan River. I was told that Sibu was once known as New Foochow, because of the majority of the Chinese migrants who came from the Foochow province to escape poverty, but now they have made Sibu what it is today. In fact, Sibu reputedly boasts more millionaries than any other city in Borneo coz of the timber activities that has been going on here for years. Interesting, eh? ;-)

**...I LOVE COLLECTING POSTCARDS AND STAMPS. IF ANY ONE OF YOU SHARE SIMILAR INTEREST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'LL BE MOST HAPPY TO TRADE IT WITH YOU!...**
%s*

Sibu City Map

It might come in handy if you're going to Sibu. ;-) Can get it at the tourist office.

• Pros:Places are within a walking distance.
  • Cons:Nothing much to see around this city, except shopping.
  • In a nutshell:A place where you can really bargain and shop till you drop!
  • Last visit to Sibu: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Jul 20, 2003

• Oct 13, 2009 at 6:46 AM

what is the address for Kampua Mee in Siong Kee Restaurant

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2003 at 8:04 AM

confusing: Coffee shops.... :-), not what they mean in the Netherlands, is it?
    show me Sibu, I´ll bring you to every place you want in Hannover when you visit me, ok?? :-)

Xinta

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail...”

Badges & Stats in Sibu