"**...SANTUBONG...**" Santubong by Xinta
Santubong Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 90 photos
Santubong Peninsula is located 32 Km north of Kuching near the mouth of the Santubong River. It's a picturesque place with jungle trekking on nearby Santubong Mountain and good seafood at two small fishing villages, Santubong and Buntal. However, you also can find a few good seafood restaurants along the way after passing the junction to the fishing village. This road leads to beautiful beach resorts. Add to this, there's a living museum, called Sarawak Cultural Village, which is well worth a stop.
**...I LOVE COLLECTING POSTCARDS AND STAMPS. IF ANY ONE OF YOU SHARE SIMILAR INTEREST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'LL BE MOST HAPPY TO TRADE IT WITH YOU!...**
This festival just passed by and I know I'd a lot of fun. It was held from 11 July - 13 July 2003, and singers and musicians from around the world come together to perform here in Sarawak Cultural Village. The rhythm and the beat brings live to the whole atmosphere and everyone was having a lot of fun watching and dancing away. It was awesome! Oh, and guess what, we were lucky to see a flying fox that one evening flying from one tree to another. Guess it was having a great time too just like the rest of us...*hehe* ;-)
It's a bit too dark, but you can see a brown spot, and that's the flying fox hanging on to the tree trunk!
- Pros:Seafood, beach resorts, living museum, jungle trekking
- Cons:A bit far from the city
This festival is held every year around the month of July for three days. It's a unique festival set against the... more travel advice
Xinta's Related Pages
Santubong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Can you see the Princess?"
- "Santubong & Damai - the playground of Sarawak"
- "Santubong.. weekend gateway"
- "Damai Beach, on the shadow of Santubong Mount"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santubong
- Hotels in Santubong
- Transportation in Santubong
- Restaurants in Santubong
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Santubong
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Santubong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santubong
Photos in SantubongSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuching Intro, 34 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wicklow Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amersfoort Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Keukenhof Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bako National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue