"Exp.'s OSTROG MONASTERY Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Podgorica by Exp.
Podgorica Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 109 photos
OSTROG MONASTERY - MONTENEGRO - YUGOSLAVIA / St. Vasilije Jovanovic Ostroski (Popovo Polje 1610 - The Ostrog Monastery 1671) St. Vasilije, Metropolitan of Zahumlje, founded the Ostrog Monastery by erecting the upper, cave church of St. Christ in 1665. He was a person of exceptional virtues, the protector of people, healer and miracle worker. His relics are in the Ostrog Monastery, and their healing power is believed in, not only by the Orthodox believers but other believers as well.
This church is located 3 km down the road. That is the church where the baptism is held. more travel advice
Exp.'s Related Pages
Podgorica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Podgorica - Montenegro's unknown capital"
- "My Podgorica"
- "Welcome to Podgorica"
- "Oh, so this is Montenegro..."
- "Exp.'s OSTROG MONASTERY Page"
- "The newest capital city in Europe"
- "Capitol of Montenegro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Podgorica
- Hotels in Podgorica
- Transportation in Podgorica
- Nightlife in Podgorica
- Restaurants in Podgorica
- Shopping in Podgorica
- Warnings and Dangers in Podgorica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Podgorica
- 11 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Podgorica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Podgorica
Photos in PodgoricaSee All Photos (8)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Podgorica Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- Budva Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
- San Francisco Intro, 1 photo