"Weekend in Monaco" Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco by daryll
Monaco Travel Guide: 245 reviews and 797 photos
Grimaldi is the star of the Principality Of Monaco. He is the pioneer and revolutionist of the Monasque dynasty. Generation after generation, Monaco state was shaped to what is like at present. Amazing and wonderful destination attracts thousand of celebs and other famous people come to experience life with style
I've seen and heard so many times from pictures, tv programmes and other publications about Monaco. I was thinking to myself, when I will be able to have enough of savings and get to splash my money in Monaco.
But I decided to go in 'style on budget'
Never expected one day, I actually standing near Monaco Palace and enjoyed the spectacular view of Monaco skyline without even have a large sum of money to spent.
It was FANTASTIC! Upon landing Cote D'Azur airport, I get to see almost the whole beachside town of Nice, with their amazing long stretch beach and villas. The reclaimed seaside airport has a gorgeus view of the French Alps.
Generally it was a challenging journey, winding roads, unexpected thunder storm and the sudden cold in the Med but I did actually enjoyed bits of pieces of Monaco.
Place du Palais has magnificent view overlooking the Port and Monte-Carlo. Every day at 11:55AM sharp, in front of the Palace’s main entrance, most tourist including me get to see interesting event changing of the guard ceremony all dress in black to represent to winter season, this ceremony remained unchanged for more than a century.
- Pros:Clean, Convenient & Fantastic Skyline
- Cons:Zig - Zag roads
- In a nutshell:More than just Casino and Expensive Yacht!
You can hire private car or taxi to get up to the palace but whats the point wasting money for a ridiculous short... more travel advice
Like most places in Europe, changing of guard ceremony has been tradition especially countries with royalty. Well, if... more travel advice
daryll's Related Pages
Monaco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monaco: a sunny place for shady people"
- "Weekend in Monaco"
- "A Grimaldi stronghold since the 13th century.."
- "Welcome to Monaco"
- "An exclusive part of Europe, only 2 sqkm"
- "The Monopoly of Monaco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monaco
- Hotels in Monaco
- Transportation in Monaco
- Nightlife in Monaco
- Restaurants in Monaco
- Shopping in Monaco
- Warnings and Dangers in Monaco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monaco
- 23 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Monaco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monaco
Photos in MonacoSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 72 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 17 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 16 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 17 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (34)
Latest Monaco hotel reviews
- Columbus Hotel Monaco
- 326 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013