"Weekend in Monaco" Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco by daryll

Monaco Travel Guide: 256 reviews and 824 photos

DOESNT HAVE TO BE EXPENSIVE

Grimaldi is the star of the Principality Of Monaco. He is the pioneer and revolutionist of the Monasque dynasty. Generation after generation, Monaco state was shaped to what is like at present. Amazing and wonderful destination attracts thousand of celebs and other famous people come to experience life with style

I've seen and heard so many times from pictures, tv programmes and other publications about Monaco. I was thinking to myself, when I will be able to have enough of savings and get to splash my money in Monaco.

But I decided to go in 'style on budget'

Never expected one day, I actually standing near Monaco Palace and enjoyed the spectacular view of Monaco skyline without even have a large sum of money to spent.

HOW IS THE JOURNEY REALLY!

It was FANTASTIC! Upon landing Cote D'Azur airport, I get to see almost the whole beachside town of Nice, with their amazing long stretch beach and villas. The reclaimed seaside airport has a gorgeus view of the French Alps.

Generally it was a challenging journey, winding roads, unexpected thunder storm and the sudden cold in the Med but I did actually enjoyed bits of pieces of Monaco.

PLACE DU PALAIS

Place du Palais has magnificent view overlooking the Port and Monte-Carlo. Every day at 11:55AM sharp, in front of the Palace’s main entrance, most tourist including me get to see interesting event changing of the guard ceremony all dress in black to represent to winter season, this ceremony remained unchanged for more than a century.

• Pros:Clean, Convenient & Fantastic Skyline
  • Cons:Zig - Zag roads
  • In a nutshell:More than just Casino and Expensive Yacht!
  • Last visit to Monaco: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2007

daryll Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Monaco