"Eden Project & WOMAD" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Austell by freya_heaven

Saint Austell Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 218 photos

The town St Austell is situated in a large bay on the South Cornwall Coast.

Until I unpack my St Austell photos this page will just be about the wonderful Eden Project, which is situated just a couple of miles from St Austell.

I love the Eden Project, this was my 5th visit. My first was when Eden was still in the construction stage, how it has changed & grown in the past 4 years.

I find most inspirational about Eden Project, was it was the dream of one man Tim Smit, & despite all the hardships (and there were many) he pulled it off. Today the Eden Project is one of the most popular tourist attractions outside London. Infact they have spells where they ask peole to stay away as they are too busy!

Photo is of the Mild Mediterranean Biome in the distance & the smaller building is the stage over the lake for WOMAD

Statues showing a story about Dionoysis, who was the God of the Vine in the Mediterranean Biome

• Last visit to Saint Austell: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 30, 2004

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2005 at 10:36 AM

Nicola, very interesting and informative page about the fascinating Eden project !

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2005 at 9:28 AM

When I was in Cornwall last the Eden Project had not been even embarked on. It really sounds great, judging from your tips and beautiful photos.

• DaDrifter's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2005 at 12:01 AM

Simply Amazing!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2005 at 10:09 PM

What an amazing place ! I need absolutely to visit ! Thank you for sharing !

• Gerrem's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2005 at 10:51 PM

Hi Nicola, great Eden pages! Do you know: I have worked in a German Foundry. We produced the couplers of the combs of the roof. They are made of casted iron. So I know a little from the beginning of Eden. Regards, Michael

• munki's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2005 at 10:29 AM

Great page and excellent tips!! I hope to visit this weekend. Thanks for your helpful tips.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2005 at 6:13 PM

What a great page on the Eden Project. Very interesting.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2005 at 6:28 AM

Excellent page about the Eden Project! This place has always fascinated me. I hope I can see it for myself some day :-)

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 2:14 PM

super page, we are hoping to go here next week, lm looking forward to it even more now

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2004 at 12:19 PM

Nice page, I initially thought it has to do with the Garden of Eden..or does it? Interesting page, well done.

Badges & Stats in Saint Austell

Have you been to Saint Austell?

Latest Activity in Saint Austell