"Islands, Tapestrys, Beaches & History" Top 5 Page for this destination Basse-Normandie by freya_heaven

Basse-Normandie Travel Guide: 1,700 reviews and 5,411 photos

Basse & Normandie regions of France are situated on the north coast, on the Manche or English Channel.

Lots of history in this area particularly WWll, beautiful beaches & never ending flat countryside. The sky is so large here!

Only being couple of hours of Paris, which makes Normadie ideal for day trip from Paris.

• Last visit to Basse-Normandie: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 8, 2005

• Neit's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2006 at 11:08 AM

We didn't have time to visit Honfleur..what a pitty. Everybody says is a wonderful town. Very nice comments in your pics.

• Bigjones's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2005 at 1:32 PM

Mont St Michel is so impressive. I haven't been there since I was a kid, but I wish to visit it again. Nice page as usual ;-)

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2005 at 3:50 PM

Thanks for the great stuff on this lovely part of France. We have seen much of the area but missed Honfleur so far - a good excuse to go back. I like the apple cider as well as the Calvados. Last fall in this area I had apple tarts 4 days running!

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 2:41 PM

Excellent work, Nikola. I revisited some places through your page. Greets.

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2005 at 1:21 PM

Nicola, very interesting to read about this great tips. Good work. Thank you for sharing.

• Jun 9, 2005 at 2:31 AM

:-)) interesting. in weekend I began to read a book and the heroes drink calvados on every page. :-)) and now I read about calvados on your page. :-)

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2005 at 2:40 PM

Such a pretty place but I don't know if I would want to visit those d-day beaches. So sad to stand where so many people lost their lives. Excellent iformative page. (very cute pic of Freya at the campsite!) q*o*p

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 8:43 PM

Matt is right, excellent job on this oh so beautiful region but also oh sooo bloody history. I am really happy the Nazies didn't get it right, thank god..tks Nicola for diving into History.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 5:47 AM

Great job on fascinating region of France i didn't visit yet. I like especially your tip and picture on the ancient town of Gerberoy!

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 3:22 AM

This is an interesting piece of work .."Normandie". Excellent naratives Nicola! Thanks for sharing.

Badges & Stats in Basse-Normandie

Have you been to Basse-Normandie?

Latest Activity in Basse-Normandie