"The Rolling Hills of the Champagne Region" Top 5 Page for this destination Champagne-Ardenne by freya_heaven

Champagne-Ardenne Travel Guide: 613 reviews and 2,055 photos

Under Construction

The Champagne region is a large area east of Paris.

Only vines grown in the Champagne region can be called Champagne according to French law.
The Name Champagne comes from Roman times, the original Roman name was Campania, which means plains, over centuries became as we know it today Champagne.

• Pros:Beautiful rolling countryside
  • Last visit to Champagne-Ardenne: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 24, 2004

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2005 at 2:56 PM

Most interesting page Nicola. I got interested in that tour of the Champagne house.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2005 at 6:49 AM

A very interesting tour. I loved the mutant miniature beech trees. And you taught me something new about roses among the grapevines. Our roses here in Ohio are doing fine .

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 9:38 PM

Hi Nicola ,not many people that have never heard of Champagne ,the wine of course ,but of course it comes from this area . France is so beautiful and this area looks wonderful the way you describe it Great page Nicola

• cazz38's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 3:07 PM

Lovely page Nicola,i love France.Im hoping my husband will take me on the Orient Express one day.Maybe for my 40th.Hint.I will show him your page.Lol.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2004 at 12:02 AM

Beautiful page..I think this is one of the nice region to visit in France. Well done Nicola.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2004 at 12:42 PM

It is a great region isn't it!! Well written tips as always and great photos : ))

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 12:25 PM

Fabulous page here Nicola! Glad that you had a great time...I just love those Beech trees! Ali xx

• Bigjones's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2004 at 2:05 AM

Champagne, one of my favorite area in France ;-)) Hope to read soon about your trip in Belgium too ! Cheers Nicola

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2004 at 1:43 PM

LOL, a truly dangerous area :-)

Badges & Stats in Champagne-Ardenne

Have you been to Champagne-Ardenne?