"~Karak Crusaders~" Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karak by freya_heaven
Al Karak Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 157 photos
Karak is and ancient town, it is mentioned in the Bible as Kir, and lies in the path the ancient caravans and traders used between Syria and Egypt.
The routes were also used by the Romans and Greeks. The Romans name for Karak was Charamoba.
The main (and from memory) the only real reason to Visit Karak is to see the Karak Crusader Castle. built in 1132 AD. It only stayed in the hands of the Crusaders until 1188AD when it was taken by Saladin.
MADABA, which also includes MOUNT NEBO, as there isnt a Mount Nebo Page
To get To Karak was got the bus from the capital Amman. We wanted to get from Karak to Petra so we got the bus from... more travel advice
I think the only othe Crusader castle I have been to is Nimrods in the Golen Heights. Apparently you could always see... more travel advice
freya_heaven's Related Pages
Al Karak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karak Castle: a castle full of mystery"
- "From the Crusader's castle!"
- "Kingdom of Heaven"
- "Not just a Crusader castle...."
- "~Karak Crusaders~"
- "Kerak الكرك"
- "Karak Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Al Karak
- Hotels in Al Karak
- Transportation in Al Karak
- Restaurants in Al Karak
- Shopping in Al Karak
- Warnings and Dangers in Al Karak
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Al Karak
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Al Karak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Karak
Photos in Al KarakSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Israel Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 46 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cyprus Intro, 40 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 43 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Jordan Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tunisia Intro, 33 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Wight Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Austell Intro, 29 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues