"♫ When You Wish Upon A Star........♫" Top 5 Page for this destination Marne-la-Vallée by freya_heaven

Marne-la-Vallée Travel Guide: 234 reviews and 956 photos

Disneyland Paris

♫ ♫ For accompanying
music click Here ♫ ♫
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The European Disneyland Resort opened its doors on the 12th April 1992. Nearly 20 years after the first serious plans to find a European site emerged in the mid 1970s.

The park opened with the name Euro Disney, but with the first few years of business making a loss, the image was revamped and Euro Disney was renamed Disneyland Paris Resort.

12 years down the line it is a success story, with over 12 million visitors passing through the turnstiles every year, and the opening of a further park, Walt Disney Studios in 2002.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been fortunate enough to have had 3 trips to Disneyland Paris. The first in June 1992 the year the park opened with my then 10 year old sister, Michelle, March 2003 and again in September 2004, the last two times with my husband & daughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disneyland Paris is actually situated 20 miles (32km) east of Paris, in an area called Marne-la-Vallee. A search was made all over western Europe for a suitable site, Italy & Britain were ruled out due to lack of flat and available space, Spain because of the strong Mistral winds they can have there.

The huge expanse of flat beet fields were finally decided on and bought in December 1985. Not only was it an ideal position for its topography, but reasons but also 70+million people live within a 4 hour drive and over 300 million withing a 2 hour plane ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Pros:Wonderful Escapism and Happy People,
  • Cons:Can be very busy, food & drink prices can be steep
  • In a nutshell:I love it!
  • Last visit to Marne-la-Vallée: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 14, 2005

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2005 at 3:43 PM

An original page! I didn't expect to find a Disneyland Paris Resort review on VT. Nice to visit this park virtually thanks to your useful tips. So no surprise (even if I hope some) when I will visit with my little Treasures ;-)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 1:38 PM

I enjoyed the small world ride too - can't get the tune out of my head ............... Great page on a great place to visit.

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2005 at 2:06 AM

Wow, I can see you are a Disney fan! The best Disney pages I saw so far. Original idea...this music to accompany the pictures! Great!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2005 at 8:02 AM

I can tell that Freya was haing a great time here. Reminded me of when I took my children to Florida, many years ago. Thanks for the memories.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2005 at 9:15 PM

Very nice Nicola ,it was 31 years ago when Lori & Hans & our litlle 2 year old Nicole ,went to the Florida Disney Park for the first time ,I remember it very well This page is very well done Nicola ,very good info and pictures .

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2005 at 5:53 AM

It's interesting to see how Disneyland Paris is built around an American theme, ie. Main Street USA. Somehow I had imagined it would be more of a European version. Helpful and informative pages.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2005 at 5:48 PM

Great page and photos! Disney is so wonderful! Never been to Disneyland Paris, but go once every year or two to Disney World Florida where many of the rides are the same!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 8:23 AM

wow, very cool pages, I loved the Big Thunder Mountain ride the best! :0) not too scary, you know!

• martin_nl's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2004 at 8:22 AM

Great page. I've been here quite a few times and even worked in Disneyland for a few weeks manu years ago. Have to revisit again to see the Studios. Coo pic and info!

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2004 at 3:46 AM

fantastic site - I've been there - your page is excellent

Badges & Stats in Marne-la-Vallée

Have you been to Marne-la-Vallée?

Latest Activity in Marne-la-Vallée