"Morlaix" Morlaix by freya_heaven

Morlaix Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 77 photos

Morlaix is quite a large pleasant town (pop 16,000) in the Finistere region of North Bretagne. We have driven through here Many times & even stopped off now & again, but this trip was the first time we have actually taken the time to explore & walk through many of the areas of the town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morlaix made its fortune on being an important port through out history particulary in the trading of leather & tobacco. There is still a tobacco factory in the town today.

Another enterprising factor of the town wealth was the profiteering or piracy (depending on which side of the fence you were on!) skills of the local sailors. Shipbuilding is a tradition here too.

Close up of Queen Annes house, I love the cheeky Jester

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Pros:Very pretty town, great history, narrow cobbled streets & interesting shops.
  • Last visit to Morlaix: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 7, 2005

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Nice page, thanks. I hope to be visiting here in a couple of weeks,

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Good tips here! I like specially that about quartier Saint Mathieu and Queen Anne's house. Friendly, Jean-Pierre

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2005 at 10:09 AM

Excellent page Nicola! I love Morlaix very much. Regards.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2005 at 9:26 PM

An excellent page with very good photos and informative tips. You know Brittany better than I do ! After all you are living much closer, don't you ?

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2005 at 6:15 AM

Hi Nicola! You have a nice Morlaix page, too. I have added two travelogues and some tips to mine, if you want to have a look at it.

• Gerrem's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2005 at 12:41 AM

Great pictures & Infos Nicola - as usual ;-)

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 11:51 AM

I didn't know that you didn't drink wine...no alcohol at all, or just wine? Lovely page as usual!! q*o*p

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2005 at 6:22 PM

Wow, Nicola, if this is the type of place you normally drive through, I've just got to get to France! That is a beautiful viaduct and very quaint old streets. I must say, I've never come across a computerized hotel like that myself!!

• Apr 13, 2005 at 6:21 AM

Viaduct is really imressive!!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2005 at 9:49 AM

an interesting page & great pics ! A computerised receptionist - a nightmare for anyone working in hotelbusiness :-((

Badges & Stats in Morlaix

Have you been to Morlaix?

Latest Activity in Morlaix