"Kandy" Kandy by freya_heaven
Kandy Travel Guide: 354 reviews and 920 photos
Where as Colombo is the Country's Capital, Kandy is known as Sri Lankas Cultural Capital.
With Kandy being set at an altitude of 500m, the climate is slighly more bareable, Although being inland you loose the sea breeze.
There is plenty to see and do in and around Kandy, the city is also famous for Festival & procession in honour of the tooth in Kandys Temple
Elephants are sold everywhere in Sri Lanka. The brightly coloured elephants are only relevent to Kandy. This is how... more travel advice
freya_heaven's Related Pages
Kandy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kandy - Last of the Sinhalese Kingdom"
- "THE CITY OF KANDY."
- "hell is a piece of earth"
- "Green hills and orange skies"
- "Kandy, Capital of the Hill Country"
- "Capital of Hill Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kandy
- Hotels in Kandy
- Transportation in Kandy
- Nightlife in Kandy
- Restaurants in Kandy
- Shopping in Kandy
- Warnings and Dangers in Kandy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kandy
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Kandy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kandy
Top 10 Pages
- Israel Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 46 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cyprus Intro, 40 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 43 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Jordan Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tunisia Intro, 33 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Wight Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Austell Intro, 29 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues