"The Dorset Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Dorset by freya_heaven

Dorset Travel Guide: 863 reviews and 2,308 photos

Dorset is a smallish county on the south coast of England, which boarders Devonshire to the west, Wiltshire to the north and Hampshire to the East. The famous Jurrassic coastline and English channel borders the south of the county.

Having past though Dorset on many occassions, mainly to & from the London airports for flights, it is only recently I have started to discover the treasures which Dorset holds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Beautiful Sub Tropical Gardens of Abbotsbury

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Detailed pages I have made of the local area are
Isle of Wight
Dorchester

And

Bovington Camp, In the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia

Stunning panoramic views are to be had from Hardys Monument, named after Thomas Hardy, who kissed Nelson as he was dying during the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Last visit to Dorset: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2005

• ardnas67's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2008 at 10:59 AM

thanks for your tips. In the summer of 2009 we will visite this area, and I've enjoyed reading your tips! greetings from Holland

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 7:17 AM

Hello Nicola. Lovely page on Dorset here, a part of Britain that really makes me want to see the rest of the UK as well! Thanks for the great info & insights, plus lovely photos. Greetings from the desert :-) Jess

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2005 at 4:22 PM

I wish you wouldn't put more temptation in my way! (Only five weeks to go) I think you'll find it's a Chinook helicopter. Cheers.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2005 at 11:21 AM

Am sure you wont want to try that jump again...just leave it for Derek to do. Lovely naratives.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2005 at 7:44 PM

Very lovely page indeed! As always, you make me want to travel!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2005 at 12:17 PM

A very enjoyable read, bringing back lots of memories of the walking trails in England. Chesil Beach & Isle of Portland are really impressive! My last summer trip to England took me there but I turned back from the crowds - not knowing what I was missing!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2005 at 10:37 AM

Lovely page, Nicola! The English coast has the most wonderful variety of sights and delights!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2005 at 9:46 AM

What a size of a beach - loved the Gardens & yoor picture of the crowded beach & Punch & Judy still going strong made me laugh

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2005 at 10:12 PM

Hi Nicola, Just been to Dorset with you, yes...... brings back memories. Thanks for those. Cheers, John.

• grets's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2005 at 1:34 AM

Great pictures of Dorset Nicola. I didn't realise that St Paul's Cathedral was built from Portland Granite! A really lovely page with lots of ideas for days out from Bristol. Thanks ;-)

Badges & Stats in Dorset