"OUT OF MANY..............." msforbes's Profile

WE ARE ONE

Jamaca's motto is a good one for the world.

I've been seriously travelling now since '98, having lived in serveral countries in between. I'm still not finished yet, I am approaching thirty and have little to show for it. Nevertheless I wouldn't have done anything differently.

Myself At Home

Back in Toronto now after a winter escape in South America. My head is still there and I'm plotting the next move.
Probably back to my own personal Holyland this fall, France. Mais bien sur. Would like to take part in the grape harvest.

Food

My other passion being food and wine. To me wine is the connection from the land to your blood. I've started cooking as a job almost ten years ago. With brief stints out of it, but I've always been back. I've always missed it. Even when on the road I find that desserted beach, and have pitched my hamok, sometimes I think of ten pans on the burners, chits plilling up so high I have a special section of those that I shall ignore for the next ten minutes, and the art student by day, server by night forgot to put up an order half an hour ago and her table is very angry. I can't go away from that for too long, otherwise I go batty.

I Am The Wind

I am the wind, eternal wind,
Here to stay, then gone again,
I don't believe I've ever sinned,
All I know is I am the wind.

I am the wind, swearing wind,
Here to serve my makers end,
I'm the awesome tale of fishermen,
Crashing waves, I am the wind.

I am the wind, contrary wind,
Above the sea, betwean gods and men,
I'm here to serve, then gone again,
Caressing fields, I am the wind.

Tom Conners, Canadian poet and musician

Orchestra Baobab

My favourit band in the world, they played in Toronto last year. What a show!

Get Well Soon

Comrad, you are an inspiration to every working person world wide, with your decades of leadership and devotion to the humanist cause you have truely made parts of the world a better place. From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you, Fidel and wish you a speedy recovery.
May everyone on this planet, regardless of thier race or income, socialist or not have access to health care and education.

• Intro Updated Dec 22, 2010

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Happy Birthday ! I hope you have a wonderful day.

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Happy Birthday Scott! :-) Nat

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2007 at 10:49 PM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul / Turkiye ..I wish that you realize all your dreams ...good luck

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2007 at 9:13 PM

Happy Birthday to you and enjoy your weekend.:-)

• etrehumain's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2006 at 9:45 AM

Happy B'day Malcolm ! Enjoy your day ! Cheers from Montreal !

• Kaynisa's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2006 at 12:44 AM

Heya.. Happy birthday to you♫ Happy birthday to you♫♫ Happy birthday to you ♫ Happy birthday to you♫♫ Greetings from Malaysia ~~K~~

• Beograd's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2006 at 11:00 PM

Happy Birthday :))

• maysue's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2006 at 8:07 PM

Happy Birthday and hope you have many happy returns! Cheers!

• hadrian's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2006 at 3:05 AM

Happy Easter Sir Forbes :-) May light and peace be forever in your life!!!

• Dec 25, 2005 at 8:59 PM

Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year too!!! Hope you have a memorable one and enjoy all the good things in life. May peace, joy and happiness come your way always!!!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
msforbes's Profile Photo

msforbes

“"I love all the people, except for the hypocrites" Bob Marley”

Real Name