"The Flower City" Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung by Goldenboy
Bandung Travel Guide: 310 reviews and 509 photos
Once, the city of Bandung was called Paris van Java. Indonesia's third largest city is the provincial capital of West Java, a region popularly known as Pasundan. Bandung is the city of art & culture, and great number of nationally known architects, writers and academics, designers and painters, as well as other artists happen to reside in this modern city. European-style cafes and hotels, shops, boutiques and galleries and exciting nightspots make this city happening with the in-crowd. Bandung, with its wide tree-lined avenues and boulevards and its numerous Art Deco-period buildings is a great city to be. Hotel Savoy Homann, Grand Hotel Preanger and Vila Isola, the latter located on the road to Lembang, are all testament to Bandung's rich history in Art Deco architecture.
Bandung has a relatively cool climate due to its altitude of about 750 meters above sea level. The city is surrounded by mountain ridge, on which slopes lush green tea plantations and flower vividly thrive. Coffee and tea have long been the main source of trade and consequently income for the city The cool green surroundings have earned Bandung the name City of Flowers. Glad I have spent some times of my previous life here.
- Pros:Food and Cheap Fashion
- Cons:Complicated Traffic
- In a nutshell:Worth to stay
Sumur Bandung is the center of Bandung. This city was built after a meditation, and theres a direction to stick on a... more travel advice
In the end of Jalan Braga we can see the architect add local taste on the building. Here in two side of the building... more travel advice
- See All Really happening
- Saung Angklung Pak Udjo
- See All Becak - Sleepy tricycle
- Export's stocks
Goldenboy's Related Pages
Bandung Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bandung - the nearest shopping heaven from KL"
- "Weekend Getaway"
- "Bumi Parahyangan"
- "bandung, indonesia"
- "The Flower City"
- "Waduhhh Bandung...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bandung
- Hotels in Bandung
- Transportation in Bandung
- Nightlife in Bandung
- Restaurants in Bandung
- Shopping in Bandung
- Warnings and Dangers in Bandung
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bandung
- 30 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Bandung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bandung
Photos in BandungSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Yogyakarta Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 30 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kudus Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Düsseldorf Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Ubud 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue